You will need to wait X hours and YY minutes for signups to reopen

reidar

Good evening. I am new here, please forgive if this question is stupid.

I have been trying to complete the account creation, but I keep getting a message like this:

"You will need to wait 4 hours and 35 minutes for signups to reopen."

This will be about 2 AM in the morning for me. Have I misunderstood something or do I need to stay up until the morning to complete this registration?

How long is the sign-up window open? Is there a risk I won't be able to finish the account creation several nights in a row?

Reidar

When I started here 11 years ago (then a second time when I came back, 9 years ago), it was 3AM EDT for me.

You may have to try repeatedly if you want a Tommy account, but Ricky and Johnny are usually open long enough to get on the first try.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, you have to stay up until 2 AM to register for new account. Servers like Johnny and Ricky usually stay open longer than Tommy (which could open up to only seconds!). You have to be quick if you need Tommy. Alternatively, you can donate minimum $1 and receive a Tommy invite through email. https://www.heliohost.org/tommy/

Thanks for your help! I donated USD10.00. Hoping to launch a simple experiment site soon. Happy Easter!

Yes, you have to stay up until 2 AM to register for new account. Servers like Johnny and Ricky usually stay open longer than Tommy (which could open up to only seconds!). You have to be quick if you need Tommy. Alternatively, you can donate minimum $1 and receive a Tommy invite through email. https://www.heliohost.org/tommy/

Thanks for your help! I donated USD10.00. Hoping to launch a simple experiment site soon. Happy Easter!
Open a topic and give details of your transactions ID so that a root admin can send you Tommy invitation

HAPPY EASTER