[Solved] Suspended: SunnyLo

a. SunnyLo

b. Tommy

c. sunnylo.heliohost.org

I think it's because of the high CPU load again? (Maybe it's because of the load from my uptime monitor. I'll slow down the frequency of my hetrixtools uptime monitor from a minute to 10 minutes)

Yep. Load again...please try to fix it quickly. Things running in a tight or infinite loop are a common source of this, so depending on how your code is written, it's completely possible that caused it.

Unsuspended.

You can get load averages programmatically from the server if that's what you mean. Simply make a script that reads /proc/loadavg (e.g. file_get_contents then run it though explode to get an array with averages in it), then do as you please with the numbers. You can even make your scripts react to the load if you want so they stop doing heavy things when it's up.

Being an average, it isn't real-time, but it's pretty close, especially the 1min number.

You've used 111 GB of memory so far today. (Last 5 hours.)

You used 701 GB of memory yesterday, but you were suspended for some of it.

The numbers are more or less meaningless though. You can use as much memory as you want as long as the server load is fine.

I’ll try to see if I can use file as storage instead of ram for file uploads

:blink:

This is the first time I've ever heard of someone trying to use RAM as file storage. Assuming you're using PHP, it should be automatically saving the files in /tmp if they're received via POST. You should be able to get the name from the $_FILES array. Use move_uploaded_file() to move it into your home folder, or unlink() to delete it.

In order to do what you're doing, you have to either being cheating to send the files (i.e. not sending them as files but instead doing something like base64-ing them and shoving them into a normal POST field), or specifically make an effort to do something like using file_get_contents() on the temporary file.

By the way, you just got suspended for this yet again. If you don't fix it quickly and it happens again, I'll put a deny from all in your .htaccess file so you can stay unsuspended with your site offline until you can rewrite this badly written file uploader.

From what's above, he wrote junk code so bad that several of us have been left scratching our heads as to why it was written to begin with.

I agree, he should take a vacation to Johnny until he figures out how to make software that isn't a memory hog.

I’m really sorry that I’m making the server having lag spikes, but the issue should be solved now, I’ve change the method and it should use less ram now.

Also, please don’t move my server as I also have a license server which runs on nodejs which is only available in Tommy