[Krydos] Alternatives for manually parking domains for users...

sagnik

Okay after trying that, I'm getting the following error in cPanel which is as same as the eu.org:

There was an error when the system attempted to create the alias. Park::park failed: (XID 5un3s3) Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

this is likely to be a Name Server miss-configuration

As aforesaid, the DNS configuration of eu.org isn't compatible with cPanel unless you use the eu.org subdomain as your main domain.

IDK but it should be possible for an Admin to park the eu.org subdomain on top of a pre-existing subdomain from console, but I'm not sure if that requires DNS verification as well.

It can be manually parked, but we don't like doing so if it can be avoided since it's a pain and takes time on our part.

Our official stance is that eu.org is simply not supported outside of the main domain. The country domains from Brazil (ending in .br) have the same compatibility issue for the same reason, nonstandard behavior on the registrar's part.

Okay, but what about https://freedns.afraid.org ? I'm facing the same issue with it too. After being guided by the community here, I've created another record with same domain with "ns2.heliohost.org", but still it's not working.

We've been seeing this with a lot of providers lately. Krydos and cPanel's support are adamant there's nothing wrong on our end, but I personally don't agree. Every domain provider I hear about having this issue started experiencing it around the same time. I doubt they all changed their policies at the same time.

Can you provide a few examples of domains you have set the name servers on but can't get to work?

I think we need to start looking for an alternative to these name server checks to be honest. Allowing all domains that are unresolvable would be one option that would fix this, and still keep people from doing dumb stuff like parking google.com (it would always resolve to google, so would fail a check that allows unresolvable domains)

Okay, here is the domains I've set the nameservers to heliohost. But for FreeDNS I've registered 2 same domain for 2 nameservers as suggested by a user here. Here is a screenshot of the domain list page of freedns: 8IXlXj2.png

---freedns.afraid.org---

1.) sgnetworks.mooo.com

2.) sgads.mooo.com

---nic.eu.org---

1.) sgads.in.eu.org

2.) sgnetworks.in.eu.org

Lets have Krydos take a look yet again. The main domain isn't really a good solution since most users who use these free ones want to use more than one. It's getting old having to park these manually for people. With the .br it was never an issue because they were paid domains and most users only bought one.

As I said above:

I think we need to start looking for an alternative to these name server checks to be honest. Allowing all domains that are unresolvable would be one option that would fix this, and still keep people from doing dumb stuff like parking google.com (it would always resolve to google, so would fail a check that allows unresolvable domains)

• Like 1

Okay, thanks. I hope Krydos sir will do something to allow users to park those domains. In case it takes too long, can you suggest me some other free domain providers (any type of domain would be good, except Freenom).

Meanwhile, can you look at my another topic which is still not solved: https://www.helionet.org/index/topic/38541-development-of-an-apache-httpd-handler-module/?fromsearch=1