MEGA Downtime

Ashoat

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we get some uptime from the server(s) from now on?

I hate to be negative about Heliohost, but the downtime recently has been bad enough that I'm considering moving to another host. I'm really reluctant to do this, because I think Heliohost is fantastic in theory and the facilities it offers are unparalleled among free hosts, but recently my account has been useless, because almost every time I try visiting my site it's down for one reason or another.

I appreciate that there have been a lot of difficulties with the new server and I don't wish to seem like I'm getting at djbob - I understand how difficult these sorts of problems can be to resolve. All I'd like to know is, realistically, is there a good chance that the uptime is going to improve any time soon? If so, I'll be patient and stick with it, but otherwise, I need a site that I can rely on to be working most of the time.

You know what? I now that you mention it I dont think Ive seen him on in quite a while...

Maybe he's on holiday:

Could explain the severe downtime issues over the last few days!

You know what? I now that you mention it I dont think Ive seen him on in quite a while...

Maybe he's on holiday:

*not to sound like i'm snapping at you.*

that's your theory... he just left for holiday leaving the server and all of our sites to become useless. if that is the case djbob has no respect for any of the people hosting their sites on heliohost.

i mean, he should have a vacation, but the server should be like a pet; he should have someone like a freind make sure its still running fine, and its getting enough maintenance. (or he can always bring it along in a pet carrier, lol)

Maybe he's on holiday:

that's your theory... he just left for holiday leaving the server and all of our sites to become useless. if that is the case djbob has no respect for any of the people hosting their sites on heliohost.

Sorry if it sounded like I meant to accuse djbob of going away and leaving Heliohost to go to rot. I certainly wouldn't have said that. My two posts weren't meant to be related particularly - I was just picking up on the earlier comment in the second post.

I don't feel arguing here will solve anything.

Even though we argue within ourself,

it helps nothing.

The only thing we can do is just wait.

So be patience.

I think Santa Claus brought us a good gift this year. Helio's working !

(except jsp but this must be fine tuning)

Yea it seems to be running allot smoother today and I've been checking the server status and the server load has been staying really low. Djbob has definetly been around in silence working on the server, no doubt. Thanks djbob! :)

Byron

Yea it seems to be running allot smoother today and I've been checking the server status and the server load has been staying really low. Djbob has definetly been around in silence working on the server, no doubt. Thanks djbob! :)

Byron

The kernel of the server is rebuilt on Dec 24 2008 22:10:30 (see http://www.heliohost.org/phpinfo.php ). Thank you very much djbob.

Ps. Merry Christmas to every one and happy new year.

We at Heliohost love downtime.

<3

The /usr partition is currently using 100% of its disk space. Could someone fix that? Also my co.cc domain is not working. My isp's proxy server gives this when i try to visit my site:

504 Gateway Timeout

The following error occurred:

(code=DNS_TIMEOUT) A DNS lookup error occurred because the request timed out during the lookup.