[Solved] Problems with Tommy

Sn1F3rt

Hello,

This is in regards to the huge number of complaints I'm getting at Discord, regarding the uptime and performance of Tommy. Over the last few days, there is something that's causing problems on Tommy.

Today itself, I've got over 10 reports of issues with Tommy with a huge downtime today, and this has been the scenario since the past few days, and every complaint is worker regarding the performance of Tommy, ie, it being extremely slow to load websites and cPanel, or uptime when Tommy was detected completely gone.

Admins could you please take a look? I'm reporting this since this isn't the usual case with Tommy. Moreover, the number of complaints being sent on Discord is not normal, especially in consideration of Tommy server.

Regards,

The /tmp folder was full again. I freed the space about 20 minutes ago.

Original complaint thread: https://www.helionet.org/index/topic/39342-solved-internal-server-error/

The guy who did it: https://www.helionet.org/index/topic/39350-suspended-tommyshh/?view=getnewpost

My sites seem to be running at decent speed at the moment, and at least one user in that first link reported his is working again as well. Are others still seeing this issue?

Whoever is experiencing frequent 500 Internal Server Errors is using WordPress. I am always working on my website and have not experienced even one 500 internal server error because I do not use WP

Advice/Solution:  The best way to avoid 500 internal server error is to stay very far away from WordPress 

• Like 1

I use joomla, you see that screenshot? I use tommy for almost five month with two CMS, WP and Joomla with no problem for two CMS, until this April, tommy become unstable...in ricky I also use two of that CMS too its stable with no problem at all...

Someone was using 887% more memory than the second highest memory usage account. When someone uses that much memory it causes the whole server to run out of memory frequently, and when the server runs out of memory you are more likely to see 500 errors. Also keep in mind that if your software uses a lot of memory, like bloated wordpress, the same thing can happen. I'm a little surprised Joomla is showing so many 500 errors, because it's usually pretty light on the memory usage. Maybe he has a lot of plugins installed or something.