ASP Hosting

claudemi

Hi all,

Glad to join this community  :)

I have received some files of a website developed using ASP, and was asked to place it back online. I've search on how to do it, but did not manage to find any good solutions.

I would appreciate some help in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

ASP or ASP.NET? We can run ASP.NET on Lily, but we do not support classic ASP at the moment (pretty much nobody does anymore).

I could mess around with trying to get it to work, but I'm not sure how hard it'd be to do on a modern server...

Yeah that's classic. That thing is ancient by today's standards, and you're going to have a hard time finding a solution short of a VPS.

Our Windows Server can probably run it, but I'd have to mess around with getting it working if you want to do so. It looks pretty straight forward to get this old stuff running on modern servers, but I'd probably need to install it for you (Classic ASP is VB6-based, and isn't well known for being easy to install without full access to the server). I can do that, but I'd need the data and information on what the requirements for the application itself are (does it need a database?) to get it running for you.

If you want to go that route, I'd be happy to try. Just create a Johnny account when registration opens tonight, and send me a PM with links to the application / data in question. :)

Were you on a mobile device? The mobile PM interface is broken on our forums and can get forum accounts stuck in the mobile view if you try to use it. We can't fix it because the forum software is long out of support. Please use a PC when responding.

If you're stuck in the mobile view now (blue and white layout), let me know and I'll fix that.

If it won't let you reply on a PC, you can always start a new PM as well. I'll get it either way :)

Yeah that's a rather annoying bug. Our forum software went obsolete in 2018 and we haven't bothered to update due to the tons of customization we have (which will take forever to redo if we upgrade).

Since it still works fine aside from the mobile PM feature, here we are :)