[Answered] Duda sobre diseño y aplicacion de sitio web

sonipeze

Good evening from Venezuela, I am starting again in this forum and I would like to share my doubts with you.

I am developing a small app to verify data from an external database, these are processed, and as a result statistics are obtained on the performance of some processes related to the Food and Beverage area, such as the amount of ingredients Spent during a normal working day or during the provision of a service, these data are compared on a daily basis and then an approximate average is obtained of what must be purchased so as not to leave the stock empty.

my question about this is:

1- Can this server (Stevie) be used to generate test applications even if they have connections to external databases?

2- What kind of frameworks for fast programming should I avoid? Or, failing that, what do you recommend?

3- In case you want to buy a paid hosting, then carry out the development of the web application, what would be the steps to follow?

Thank you very much in advance! Stay home, but if you can generate something for yours it is better;)

Buenas noches desde Venezuela, estoy comenzando nuevo en este foro y quisiera participarles mi duda.

Estoy desarrollando una pequeña app para verificar datos provenientes de una base de datos externa, estos se procesan, y como resultado se obtienen unas estadisticas sobre el rendimiento de algunos procesos relacionados con el area de Alimentos y Bebidas, como por ejemplo, la cantidad de ingredientes gastados durante una jornada laboral normal o durante la pretacion de un servicio, estos datos se comparan a diario y se obtiene entonces un promedio aproximado de lo que se debe comprar para no dejar el stock vacio.

mi pregunta acerca de esto es:

1- ¿Se puede usar este servidor (Stevie) para generar aplicaciones de prueba aunque tengan conexiones a bases de datos externas?

2- ¿Que clase de frameworks para programacion rapida deberia evitar?, o en su defecto lo que ustedes recomiendan?

3- ¿En caso de querer comprar un hosting pago luiego de realizar el desarrollo de la aplicacion web, cuales serian los pasos a seguir?

Muchas gracias de antemano!, quedate en casa, pero si puedes generar algo para los tuyos es mejor ;)

1- Can this server (Stevie) be used to generate test applications even if they have connections to external databases?

The servers that users can create accounts on are Johnny, Ricky, and Tommy. If you read about Stevie your source is probably rather old. Stevie hasn't been an option to create an account since 2016. Tommy is our best server, Ricky is ok, and Johnny is for experimenting only. All three servers can be used to create test applications that have remote database connections. You may need to request special firewall access to reach the external database. Tommy will have the best uptime.

2- What kind of frameworks for fast programming should I avoid? Or, failing that, what do you recommend?

The main thing to avoid is wordpress. We've had so many issues with it lately. It causes ridiculous amounts of load which slows down everyone else's website or causes 500 errors. It's also easily hacked, and most people who get hacked end up sending spam emails or the hacker sets up a phishing website which gets you permanently suspended, and likely gets your domain flagged as malicious in everyone's browser.

3- In case you want to buy a paid hosting, then carry out the development of the web application, what would be the steps to follow?

We offer two types of "paid" hosting. If you donate $1 or more you can create an account on Tommy even if he's full for the day. The donation isn't required as a limited number of people can create a free account each day if they're fast enough. Signups usually fill in less than 10 seconds though. The other type of paid hosting we offer is our VPS. https://www.heliohost.org/vps/ With a VPS you have root access and the entire server to yourself. You can install apache or nginx to host a website, or install really anything you want on a vps. We can help you if you're not familiar with ssh, etc.

Let us know if you have any other questions.