[Solved] Using Python and Django

ipurnama

Hi,

I'm a newbie. How can I use Python (then Django) from cPanel since I didn't see it on the software section? Do I need to make a request for accessing it so it will be appeared on the cPanel or is there any way to do that?

my username: ipurnama

server: johnny

Thanks for your help.

Edited by ipurnama

Hi Sohamb03,

I put my Django installation in home/ipurnama/public_html/mywebsite. Then I browsed it via purnama.heliohost.org and it just show my installation folder. Could you give me a guidance please? I'm a newbie.

No Luigi, this isn't answered nor is that Python file the one I was talking about. That's just one part of Django, I was rather asking about the path to the Django installation.

Also, escalating this to Krydos to figure out what's wrong.

I'm getting a 404 when I visit http://purnama.heliohost.org/mywebsite/ I took a look at your .htaccess and noticed your path to dispatch.wsgi doesn't exist. It's looking for /home/ipurnama/public_html/mywebsite/mywebsite/dispatch.wsgi which doesn't exist. Try changing the last line to this:

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ mywebsite/dispatch.wsgi/$1 [QSA,PT,L]

I changed the last line of .htaccess to: RewriteRule ^(.*)$ mywebsite/dispatch.wsgi/$1 [QSA,PT,L]

It could be I still miss something, because now I'm getting this error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@purnama.heliohost.org to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.