[Solved] How to send e-mails - Lily

paladino

Hi there!

My app will send some e-mails to registered users (the major part will be password reset or account activation to minimize fake accounts).

In tommy we can configure it through cpanel... Can I use an e-mail acc created in Tommy and use it in my Lily account?

Thanks!

The easiest solution is to use SMTP through tommy. You'll need to set your MX records for the domain sending the mail to tommy.heliohost.org if you do this (otherwise your mail will likely get marked as spam).

Use tommy.heliohost.org as the host, port 25, no authentication (Lily is whitelisted on Tommy, so Lily can send mail through Tommy without authenticating).

Hi there!

I have just tried to send a test e-mail to me through my application, but it seems that's something missing...

I'm getting "Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: Access denied - Invalid HELO name (See RFC2821 4.1.1.1)"

This is what I'm using:

server: tommy.heliohost.org
port: 25
user: services@rpaladino.heliohost.org
pass: (hidden)

I created this account in tommy cpanel.

The sender of the message is the same as user, so it's services@rpaladino.heliohost.org too...

Please, could you help me?

Thank you!

Got it working now!

I have changed the account password to anything without special characters and app my code to use ssl when authenticating and it worked. I don't know which actually did the trick, but what matters is that it's working now.

Thanks!

You should be able to forego the authentication (and the SSL) entirely and it should work. Just make a plain, unsecured connection on port 25, and send. Don't even send an AUTH. Make sure your HELO reflects 65.19.141.70 in its greeting.

This is working for me, one of my apps has no smtp authentication support when run under IIS (that app is why I set this up to begin with).

This will work only as long as the request comes from Lily. A request from any other server requires authentication.