Site statistics

allu62

Hello. Trying to understand what is happening on my site. Last month pages viewed and downloads were less than half of the months before and this month awstats reports mostly less than 5 visitors a day, often 1 or even 0.

I wondered if perhaps Tommy was often down or had other problems. Or if Heliohost blocked me, because download volume was to big (> 1GB in March) or because I did some other thing wrong. After all, 0 and 1 visitor per day, that is not normal to happen.

Then, I thought that perhaps there is someting wrong with the statistics applications. In fact, the Apache log file has same size as the months before and the bandwidth application in C-Panel reports 800MB (versus 16MB viewed + 140MB not viewed traffic in awstats).

Anyone, who can help? Thanks.

No, I haven't deleted the /tmp folder content. awstats, analogstats and webalizer are all 3 turned on. Perhaps, the number of visitors is really this dramatically fallen. What could be the reason (in Google Search, all is normal; I publish new programs and articles as before...).

I wondered if perhaps Tommy was often down or had other problems.

Here's the monthly uptime for the last 10 months:

June 2020      100%
May 2020       99.53%
April 2020     99.65%
March 2020     99.77%
February 2020  99.77%
January 2020   99.77%
December 2019  99.87%
November 2019  99.94%
October 2019   100%
September 2019 99.48%
May 2020 was down a little due to a ddos attack that lasted a couple days.

Searching the Internet, I found that

- Bad website performance may be in relationship with bad crawlers. Are there crawlers, that you should always block? In robots.txt, in .htaccess? (there actually is lots of access by certain robots).

- Having too many pages indexed would be bad for performance. With actually nearly 4000 animals in my database and thus 4000 dynamically generated Perl pages, should I use "noindex"

to not index all these pages?

- Has anyone experienced something similar, I mean a site with increasing performance and than suddenly just a handfull of visitors per day?

Thanks for help...