[Solved] Blocked IP address

gomactra

The IP address 69.47.116.160 has been blocked for trying to log in to SFTP with the wrong password too many times. To prevent this from happening again in the future please make sure your username and password are saved correctly in your SFTP client. You won't be able to continue to cPanel until an admin unblocks you. To request that your IP be unblocked please visit.

I changed my original account login password with a stronger one.  However, the cPanel ete etc password(s) remained the original one (which was not secure enough). Did not know that the system left the un-secure one in place for everything other than the account login.  I changed the cPanel etc etc password(s) to the same stronger one as well.  When trying to login through SFTP it did not accept the new secure password.  Now, I have no idea if the original password, the new password or what password is valid for SFTP login, not to mention that I cannot login in the account, anymore.  How do I find out which is which when I do not even get a chance to login?  And what is the limit of error times before the login is rejected? And why is this made so complicated and so restricted?  Please advise, thank you.

Unblocked.

When you change your password it should update everywhere within minutes. It is so restricted because our servers are constantly under brute force attack from bots trying to hack into everyone's accounts. We have over 10,000 accounts and only 2 or 3 legitimate accounts get blocked by the firewall each day, so we think that's a pretty good level of security versus user friendliness. Would you rather request to be unblocked, or have some hacker set up a phishing site on your nice .com domain, and get that domain flagged as malicious in every one of your site's visitors browsers, and your account would be permanently suspended for containing illegal activity, etc.?