Issue with ftp

Dtc

I got my ip blocked again (187.190.79.34), and it happened because i don't know how to connect to a new ftp account i created for a team mate i'm working with for a school project.

It looks like this:

Protocol: SFTP

Server: tommy.heliohost.org

Port: 1342

Access mode: Normal

User: izamar@proyectos.armsys.tech

Password: (thepassword)

But it can't connect that way. 

I tried then

Server: ftp.armsys.heliohost.org

User: izamar@proyectos.armsys.tech

And it didn't work either. 

I waited like 20 seconds and tried with 

Server: ftp.armsys.heliohost.org

User: izamar

So i tried:

Server: tommy.heliohost.org

User: izamar

And after that, i got my ip blocked again for too many attempts. Now i can't even access my webpage or the cpanel :'(

What am i doing wrong?

I remember that some time ago, i could download a configuration file for filezilla and connect without problems. Now seems that fillezilla is no longer supported for cpanel or something, forcing us to do things manually and get our ip's blocked :'(

Please, can you help me? Is it possible to connect to a different ftp account than my main ftp account (which work great) witn sftp?

Edited by wolstech
Remove whitespace

Oh, is there any option to hide the data transferred on plain ftp? If not, no problem, just curiosity 

Which one of those are the correct way to access ftp on ftp accounts of CPanel?

How many attempts are too much? How much time should i left between attempts?

Plain FTP is just that...data sent in plain text. FTP over TLS is the usual solution here, but we don't support it because we recommend SFTP. You could try it if you want (use "explicit" TLS instead of "plain" if you want to try), because it does work on my account, but then my account was the second account ever created. Newer accounts seem to not work right with it, while older ones do.

Hostname: tommy.heliohost.org

Port: 21

Encryption: none/plain (as above, FTP over explicit TLS might work, but it's not officially supported).

Username and password were your choice. Keep in mind that you need to type the whole thing, including the domain (e.g. ftpuser@domain.heliohost.org) when using these extra accounts. Just using the prefix (e.g. ftpuser) won't work.

IP bans are measured as failed attempts over a rolling 1 hour period. The exact number of attempts needed to earn an IP ban varies by protocol and is intentionally not published for security reasons, however I will say the numbers currently set for all protocols are substantially less than 30 attempts per hour.

• Like 1