[Solved] Need explanations on cPanel credentials

labrecqv

Hi Heliohosters,

I've hit a wall lately as I am trying to connect FileZilla to my Heliohosted website. I followed the instructions from this thread: https://www.helionet.org/index/topic/27646-cant-connect-to-johnny-ftp-using-filezilla/

which suggested to use SFTP with the following parameters:

• In Host field type "johnny.heliohost.org"
  • In Port field type "1373"
  • In Protocol dropdown select "SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol"
  • In Logon Type dropdown select "Normal"
  • In User field type your cPanel username
  • In Password field type your cPanel password

but it failed, and I suspect that I don't have the right cPanel username and pw.

I can't seem to find them nor can I find where I have to go to manage my cPanel username and password.

In order to get to my cPanel, I always use my Heliohost credentials to connect to my account and then transfert to cPanel from the link.

When I go to: mydomain.heliohost.org/cpanel, I need to input a username and password, but they're not the same as my heliohost account, and I don't know where I can manage these.

In cPanel, under the FTP section, I can manage FTP accounts. I tried that route by creating an FTP account named admin and following these instructions for FTP:

• ftp.mydomain.heliohost.org
  • port 21
  • normal login
  • ftp account username
  • ftp account pw

and then again it won't work. I am at a loss here. Any idea what's going on? Thank you,

Your username is just labrecqv for SFTP. The password is your cPanel password.

The FTP accounts you create in cPanel will NOT work with SFTP. For those, you need to use "plain (unencrypted) FTP" on port 21 instead.