[Solved] Tommy Server Signup

I was going to sign up for Tommy today but when I went to sign up right when signups reopened (in other words, I went to sign up right around midnight UTC), I noticed that Tommy was marked as full, even though I had just refreshed the page (the page even told me to wait 23 hours and 60 minutes before trying to signup for Tommy again).

Is Tommy actually full, or was I just unlucky and all of Tommy's signups were taken right as the signups reopened?

Additionally, how do I know when my account has been deleted? I was signing up for Tommy because I wanted to move to it from Johnny, and I'm fairly sure I deleted my old account, but it's hard to tell for sure because, although my old domain and login credentials no longer work, the "Delete Account" errored after I submitted my credentials (it gave me an error along the lines of "your account couldn't be found in our database", or something similar; also, for what it's worth, my older username wasn't available, though I do know that many other sites disallow signups using usernames of disallowed accounts, so it could be very likely that HelioHost does the same).

Lastly, what is the "real world" up time of Ricky compared to Tommy? I've settled for Ricky until I get confirmation that Tommy works, but I also might just stay with Ricky if Ricky's up time is still quite comparable to Tommy's. (Johnny's up time also felt kind of bad to me, since every day I would experiment with Johnny, I would as lose connection to Johnny via cPanel (I'm not sure about going to my actual website; it probably didn't connect but I don't recall if this is the case) and it would take more than a few minutes before I could reconnect to Johnny successfully.

Old Account

Username: tycoon13

Domain: tycoon13.heliohost.org

Server: Johnny

New Account

Username: tycoon

Domain: tycoon.heliohost.org

Server: Ricky

It fills in less than 10 seconds almost every day due to demand, so yes, that's probably correct. The counter simply has a resolution in minutes.

Ricky isn't bad uptime wise (98% compared to 95 on Johnny) but is VERY slow. It'll host a static or very basic scripted site perfectly fine, but it won't run something like Wordpress (which we don't recommend anyway, bloated and insecure) without ridiculous load times.

The old account is indeed gone, that error sometimes pops up if the server lags.

• Like 1

It fills in less than 10 seconds almost every day due to demand, so yes, that's probably correct. The counter simply has a resolution in minutes.

Holy moly...that is quick. Alright, thanks for that; I guess I'd practically have to cross my fingers and hope that I manage to click fast enough to get in.

Ricky isn't bad uptime wise (98% compared to 95 on Johnny) but is VERY slow. It'll host a static or very basic scripted site perfectly fine, but it won't run something like Wordpress (which we don't recommend anyway, bloated and insecure) without ridiculous load times.

Alrighty. With that in mind, I think I'll just stay on Ricky for now. I don't really need to host anything that couldn't be accomplished with client-side JavaScript and a REST API linked to something like AWS, so I think Ricky will be fine for my needs.

The old account is indeed gone, that error sometimes pops up if the server lags.

Thanks for confirming that!

It sounds like tycoonlover is fine on Ricky for now, but a few things to keep in mind for people who search and find this thread.

Signups don't happen at exactly midnight UTC to the second. They usually occur 3-6 seconds after midnight UTC. That means if you're spam refreshing the signup page and it says you have to wait 23 hours and 60 seconds it might be worth refreshing a couple more times. Johnny, Ricky and Tommy reset at exactly the same time to the millisecond though, so if you see Ricky and Johnny suddenly have available free signups, but Tommy is full that means you missed it for the day.

If you want to set up your site first, and experiment on our free service you can create an account on Johnny and Ricky first, and then transfer to Tommy later. If you want a free Tommy account you'll still need to delete your existing account and try to get a free signup on Tommy, but if you're willing to donate as little as $1 USD an admin can move your existing Johnny or Ricky account to Tommy for you. This minimizes the downtime for your website, and obviously saves you a lot of hassle. When you're ready to move just make a donation https://www.heliohost.org/donate/ and then post your transaction ID and username on the forum.

Some real numbers for free Tommy signups: 07-24: 7.045s, 07-23: 0.604s, 07-22: 0.482s (this one might be a new record actually), 07-21: 6.115s, 07-20: 4.727s etc. Occasionally free Tommy signups last for 10 minutes though. It just depends on the day. The number of free signups vary depending on load and how many accounts are already on Tommy. We have to limit free signups to prevent Tommy from becoming as overloaded as Johnny and uptime plummeting.

If you don't already have an account you can donate and get an automated Tommy invite sent to you. Just go to https://www.heliohost.org/tommy/ to make a donation of $1 USD or more, and usually within 10 minutes or so you should get an email to your paypal email address. This invite is good any time of the day even if Tommy is full for the day. You can click the link in the email and create your Tommy account when it's convenient for you. If the invite hasn't arrived after 24 hours let us know, and we can send out a manual invite instead.