[Solved] Install AWS Boto3 SDK for Python on Tommy

tycoonlover1359

Hi,

Is it possible to have the Amazon Web Services SDK for Python (aka Boto3) be installed on Tommy?

I would like the SDK installed so I can leverage AWS resources when making either Flask or regular Python-CGI apps (or potentially Django apps in the future). In theory, by using AWS resources, more powerful websites/apps could be created whilst still remaining fairly cheap to run overall; for instance, instead of having Tommy calculate 100,000 rounds of a SHA256 hash (or other hash), Tommy could calculate the first round then send this to an AWS Lambda function, and wait for the response (for instance, Lambda could calculate the other 99,999 rounds, then check a DynamoDB database for whether or not such a record exists).

Other uses might include being able to "get around" the 1 GB file storage quota, such as by storing larger files (such as high resolution pictures) in Amazon S3 storage buckets, then having the server retrieve these items from S3 when requested by a user (and potentially cache them on the server for a short amount of time); or utilizing Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) to make and use SQL databases larger than 1 GB; among many other services (though, with the exception of Amazon Aurora Serverless, RDS databases can be accessed via a URL endpoint if configured correctly).

A certain trade off here is that utilizing AWS services, while likely less CPU intensive, could be more memory intensive; though I haven't tested out whether or not this is true.

Thanks!

~Tycoon

Edited by tycoonlover1359