[Solved] Migration from hosting to tommy

retrope

Moving...

Please keep in mind that once moved, your site will not work until you remove CF and set your name servers to ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org.

Hi! some questions that I fear.

1.- when you say CF is cloundflare?

2. does it mean that it is essential to put the DNS of Heliohost, so that it can work?

3. If so, then can I go back to CF's DNS?

4. disk usage going to be expanded from 1000 to 2000?

Thank you!

Edited by retrope

Done.

Yes, CF is cloudflare. You need to use our DNS during setup to get everything working.

Once that happens, remove the site from your cloudflare account entirely, then set it up on cloudflare again (it needs to copy the updated records from us). Please keep in mind though that CF isn't really necessary on Tommy since the server is much faster.

4. disk usage going to be expanded from 1000 to 2000?

Moving to Tommy is a minimum donation of $1. Getting storage increased from 1000 MB to 2000 MB is a minimum donation of $5. To get both is a minimum donation of $6.

I understand, so you mean I should make another donation of $ 6 to get more disk space?

You can donate as much or as little as you want, but in order to get double storage space you only need to donate another $1 USD because you donated $5 already.

ok I understand. in a few days I will be making another donation. thanks for your support.

One last thing, I need your support to be able to configure the certificate of my main domain, it cannot access my website or its sub domains. I must tell you that my domain is registered in cloudflare and there they have their own dns that do not allow editing. somebody could help me?

Edited by retrope

Cloudflare registrar is a known compatibility issue because of that limitation. You need to change the IP address in your A records to 65.19.143.6.

Please keep in mind that some features (mostly email related stuff) might not work correctly without using our name servers. Since you’re unable to use our name servers, you will have to transfer your domain if you need these features to work. Also, as a reminder, Heliohost may not be able to provide support for issues with accounts using name servers other than ours.

Cloudflare registrar is a known compatibility issue because of that limitation. You need to change the IP address in your A records to 65.19.143.6.

Please keep in mind that some features (mostly email related stuff) might not work correctly without using our name servers. Since you’re unable to use our name servers, you will have to transfer your domain if you need these features to work. Also, as a reminder, Heliohost may not be able to provide support for issues with accounts using name servers other than ours.

Thanks so much for the explanation. what you tell me is very important. for now the issue is closed and solved.