[Solved] Error when adding domain alias for my website

man95

There are a few domain providers that do things backwards from every other registrar in the world. Normally you buy a domain, set the nameservers, and then once the nameservers are set correctly cpanel allows you to add the domain. 99% of registrars including Namecheap https://www.heliohost.org/partners/namecheap which is where we recommend you buy your domains do it that way.

Unfortunately, there are a couple backwards domain registrars like registro.br and eu.org that for whatever nonsensical reason won't set your nameservers for you until the nameservers are already set up for that domain, but there's no way to to set up the nameservers prior to the nameservers being set correctly. It's a circular dependency. The only option then to use that domain is to change your main domain which circumvents the nameserver check that cpanel does. Therefore if this us.to registrar happens to be one of the backwards ones the only way your domain is going to work is if it's your main domain.

However, sometimes you can trick their backwards systems by changing your main domain until the domain works, and then change your main domain back to something else, and quickly add the domain again as an alias or addon domain. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't, but you're welcome to try.

yeah, and i think this is circular solution too, because I've test it on another hostring  service that use cpanel and it works

Even, I've tried several times to add alias domain on heliohost and it is works.

It is possible the problem is because I add it on domain, not in alias? The problem is starting there

• 5 months later...