[Solved] Why is dns propagation taking so long for my domain?

colrryan

I have pointed my domain ubit.ga to the nameservers ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org, however it has been almost 5 days and the records still have not propagated fully. dnschecker.org shows the records have only propagated to a few servers worldwide. Does anyone know why it's taking so long?

My username: colrryan, Server: Ricky ,

That issue is on freenom's end. Their systems are weird sometimes and don't work like they should.

Were you able to add the domain in cpanel? If not, I've seen cases where making it your main domain somehow causes it to get unstuck (even though freenom is not one of the registrars where the host has to be set up first), so maybe try that?

I tried adding it as an addon domain and got the following error:

Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

I have pointed my domain ubit.ga to the nameservers ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org

The real problem here is you set your nameservers to ns1.heliohost.com and ns2.heliohost.com. That's not our domain. You said it right in your forum post, but set it wrong on freenom's website.
  • Like 1