width: 100%;
    z-index: 9999999;
}</style>

<script>
function hideLoader() {
    $('#loading').hide();
}

$(window).ready(hideLoader);

// Strongly recommended: Hide loader after 20 seconds, even if the page hasn't finished loading
setTimeout(hideLoader, 20 * 1000);
</script> 

I wanted to have a gif that is presented when my website is loading and I found this code online. But when I tried it, it played over the real body and didn't leave when my page had finished loaded.

Did you include jquery above this code? The jquery code you're using will only work if you load the jquery library before you try to run the code. The code to load jquery will look something like this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.min.js"></script>

Did you include jquery above this code? The jquery code you're using will only work if you load the jquery library before you try to run the code. The code to load jquery will look something like this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.min.js"></script>

Thank you!

Edited by georgeneal

The code you posted above should work as long as you get a real copy of jquery.min.js on your site.

Look at the file http://test.dogily.us.to/images/jquery.min.js Here are the first few lines:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
<style>
* {
  box-sizing: border-box;
}
* {background-color:#ffff;
  }
/* Create three unequal columns that floats next to each other */
.column {
  float: left;
  padding: 10px;
}
That's html not jquery. I have no idea how it got there. This is what that jquery file should look like (the first line and some of the second)

/*! jQuery v3.5.1 | (c) JS Foundation and other contributors | jquery.org/license */
!function(e,t){"use strict";"object"==typeof module&&"object"==typeof module.exports?module.exports=e.document?t(e,!0):function(e){if(!e.document)throw new Error("jQuery requires a window with a document");return t(e)}:t(e)}("undefined"!=typeof window?window:this,function(C,e){"use strict";var t=[],r=Object.getPrototypeOf,s=t.slice,g=t.flat?function(e){return t.flat.call(e)}:function(e){return t.concat.apply([],e)},u=t.push,i=t.indexOf,n={},o=n.toString,v=n.hasOwnProperty,a=v.toString,l=a.call(Object),y={},m=function(e){return"function"==typeof e&&"number"!=typeof e.nodeType},x=function(e){return null!=e&&e===e.window},E=C.document,c={type:!0,src:!0,nonce:!0,noModule:!0};function b(e,t,n){var r,i,o=(n=n||E).createElement("script");if(o.text=e,t)for(r in c)(i=t[r]||t.getAttribute&&t.getAttribute(r))&&o.setAttribute(r,i);n.head.appendChild(o).parentNode.removeChild(o)}function w(e){return null==e?e+"":"object"==typeof e||"function"==typeof e?n[o.call(e)]||"object":typeof e}var f="3.5.1",S=function(e,t){return new S.fn.init(e,t)};function p(e){var t=!!e&&"length"in e&&e.length,n=w(e);return!m(e)&&!x(e)&&("array"===n||0===t||"number"==typeof t&&0<t&&t-1 in e)}S.fn=S.prototype={jquery:f,constructor:S,length:0,toArray:function(){return s.call(this)},get:function(e){return null==e?s.call(this):e<0?this[e+this.length]:this[e]},pushStack:function(e){var t=S.merge(this.constructor(),e);return t.prevObject=this,t},each:function(e){return S.each(this,e)},map:function(n){return this.pushStack(S.map(this,function(e,t){return n.call(e,t,e)}))},slice:function(){return this.pushStack(s.apply(this,arguments))},first:function(){return this.eq(0)},last:function(){return this.eq(-1)},even:function(){return this.pushStack(S.grep(this,function(e,t){return(t+1)%2}))},odd:function(){return this.pushStack(S.grep(this,function(e,t){return t%2}))},eq:function(e){var t=this.length,n=+e+(e<0?t:0);return this.pushStack(0<=n&&n<t?[this[n]]:[])},end:function(){return this.prevObject||this.constructor()},push:u,sort:t.sort,splice:t.splice},S.extend=S.fn.extend=function(){var e,t,n,r,i,o,a=arguments[0]||{},s=1,u=arguments.length,l=!1;for("boolean"==typeof a&&(l=a,a=arguments[s]||{},s++),"object"==typeof a||m(a)||(a={}),s===u&&(a=this,s--);s<u;s++)if(null!=(e=arguments[s]))for(t in e)r=e[t],"__proto__"!==t&&a!==r&&(l&&r&&(S.isPlainObject(r)||(i=Array.isArray(r)))?(n=a[t],o=i&&!Array.isArray(n)?[]:i||S.isPlainObject(n)?n:{},i=!1,a[t]=S.extend(l,o,r)):void 0!==r&&(a[t]=r));return a},S.extend({expando:"jQuery"+(f+Math.random()).replace(/\D/g,""),isReady:!0,error:function(e){throw new Error(e)},noop:function(){},isPlainObject:function(e){var t,n;return!(!e||"[object Object]"!==o.call(e))&&(!(t=r(e))||"function"==typeof(n=v.call(t,"constructor")&&t.constructor)&&a.call(n)===l)},isEmptyObject:function(e){var t;for(t in e)return!1;return!0},globalEval:function(e,t,n){b(e,{nonce:t&&t.nonce},n)},each:function(e,t){var n,r=0;if(p(e)){for(n=e.length;r<n;r++)if(!1===t.call(e[r],r,e[r]))break}else for(r in e)if(!1===t.call(e[r],r,e[r]))break;return e},makeArray:function(e,t){var n=t||[];return null!=e&&(p(Object(e))?S.merge(n,"string"==typeof e?[e]:e):u.call(n,e)),n},inArray:function(e,t,n){return null==t?-1:i.call(t,e,n)},merge:function(e,t){for(var n=+t.length,r=0,i=e.length;r<n;r++)e[i++]=t[r];return e.length=i,e},grep:function(e,t,n){for(var r=[],i=0,o=e.length,a=!n;i<o;i++)!t(e[i],i)!==a&&r.push(e[i]);return r},map:function(e,t,n){var r,i,o=0,a=[];if(p(e))for(r=e.length;o<r;o++)null!=(i=t(e[o],o,n))&&a.push(i);else for(o in e)null!=(i=t(e[o],o,n))&&a.push(i);return g(a)},guid:1,support:y}),"function"==typeof Symbol&&(S.fn[Symbol.iterator]=t[Symbol.iterator]),S.each("Boolean Number String Function Array Date RegExp Object Error Symbol".split(" "),function(e,t){n["[object "+t+"]"]=t.toLowerCase()});var d=function(n){var e,d,b,o,i,h,f,g,w,u,l,T,C,a,E,v,s,c,y,S="sizzle"+1*new Date,p=n.document,k=0,r=0,m=ue(),x=ue(),A=ue(),N=ue(),D=function(e,t){return e===t&&(l=!0),0},j={}.hasOwnProperty,t=[],q=t.pop,L=t.push,H=t.push,O=t.slice,P=function(e,t){for(var n=0,r=e.length;n<r;n++)if(e[n]===t)return n;return-