767 bytes.

My Domain is:
https://ktsoft.my.id
https://ktsoft.heliohost.us

Server:
Ricky

Kindly help

Regards.
This is an unmonitored account for announcements only.
Wiki | Facebook | Twitter
server_load_s.gifserver_load_j.gifserver_load_t.gif
server_uptime_s.gifserver_uptime_j.gifserver_uptime_t.gif

#2 Krydos

Krydos

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 21,404 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 10:23 PM

Does it work if you install Feng Office script manually without using Softaculous?

#3 shezy

shezy

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 01:46 AM

Thanks for your reply.

No I also tried to install this script manually but it throws the following error:

failed to import database construction. mysql said: index column size too large. the maximum column size is 767 bytes.

Regards

#4 Krydos

Krydos

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 21,404 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 03:28 AM

Does it work if you use myisam engine?

#5 shezy

shezy

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 05:16 AM

I also tried to install Feng Office using myisam engine option but still no success.

#6 Krydos

Krydos

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 21,404 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 05:18 AM

What’s the error with myisam?

#7 shezy

shezy

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 05:45 AM

While installing with MyISAM getting the following error:

#1 - Failed to import database construction. MySQL said: Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes

And with InnoDB:

#1 - Failed to import database construction. MySQL said: Index column size too large. The maximum column size is 767 bytes.

#8 Krydos

Krydos

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 21,404 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 04:06 PM

So here's the problem.

The best way to fix that error on InnoDB is to set the row_format to dynamic which allows for max column sizes bigger than 767 bytes, but you can only use dynamic if your file_format is barracuda though. Ricky is so old that he's still using antelope so he doesn't support dynamic row_format. I'm not going to try something like changing the innodb file format on a production server with thousands of accounts just so you can install your feng thing. That would cause a lot of downtime for people, and who knows how many other issues.

Ricky is next on the list for an upgrade though. We were planning on upgrading him in February of this year, but then the whole pandemic happened and we can't safely get an advanced technician to the datacenter to perform the hardware upgrade that we need to do before we can rebuild Ricky. When it's safe to travel again getting Ricky upgraded will be our top priority. When Ricky is upgraded he will have barracuda file format.

You have a couple options of what to do next, but probably the best option is to move to Tommy. He's much newer and has barracuda file format, and the default row format is already dynamic so I'm pretty sure your feng office will install without any problems. His uptime and speed are much better than Ricky too. The catch is free signups usually fill in less than 10 seconds each day so it can be pretty tough to get a free account. To move for free you have to backup your account, delete your account, recreate on Tommy, and then restore your backup. Sometimes it can take a few days of trying before you're fast enough to get a free Tommy account though.

Another option is you can donate as little as $1 and an admin will move your account directly from Ricky to Tommy without your needing to delete and recreate. We still recommend taking a backup first in case something goes wrong. You should always take regular backups anyways. If you decide to take this route you can head over to https://www.heliohost.org/donate/ All it takes is $1, but if you feel like donating more every $5 gives you an extra 1000 MB storage up to a maximum of 5000 MB. So $6 is move to Tommy and 2000 MB storage, $11 is move to Tommy and 3000 MB storage, $21 would move you to Tommy and give you the max 5000 MB storage. You also get 1 month of inactivity immunity for each $5 you donate. Some people have donated enough that they don't need to log in to cpanel to keep their account active until 2022 or so. Once you get your site 100% set up it can be kind of annoying to have to log in to cpanel every 30 days.

Another option is Johnny. He's also using barracuda file format and dynamic row format. The catch here is Johnny is an experimental server which means he's only suitable for experimenting. We try to keep Johnny's uptime above 90%, we try to keep Ricky above 98%, and we try to keep Tommy at 99.9% uptime. Johnny has a lot of load spikes and downtime, but free signups stay open for hours so it's really easy to get an account. Most people start on Johnny and then when they have their site all set up they move to Tommy for the uptime.

Another option is a VPS. We're running a sale right now where you can get 2 GB memory, 2 CPUs, and 50 GB hard drive for $3.60 per month when you sign up for at least 6 months. If you want to try it out for a few days I can set you up with a trial. If you pay monthly it's $4 per month. You get a 10% discount when you do 6 months at a time. With a VPS you have root ssh access so you can install anything you want, and you only have to restart your webserver when you feel like it. Tommy's uptime and speed are pretty good, but a VPS is even better. If you need to upgrade your VPS later on you can too. We can do up to 32 GB memory, 8 CPUs, and 300 GB hard drive or anywhere in between. The VPS don't come with a web based control panel unless you install one. Some people assume they come with cpanel like our shared hosting. You can install cpanel though if you like it. Another popular web based control panel is VestaCP because it's free and pretty similar to cpanel.

#9 shezy

shezy

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 12:28 AM

Thanks for detailed explanation Admin.

I already know Heliohost are generous to their clients and it is my startup so I headed towards a free hosting. I also know that free hosting is not enough for a business, therefore, I will definitely move to VPS server in a short amount of time and my first priority will be Heliohost for the paid services.

I will let you know to activate my VPS Trial within a couple of days.

Thank you for your kind support.

Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users