[Krydos] Account Suspended

neptunus

Your account was suspended for causing high server load. I have unsuspended your account, but please try to limit the load you put on our servers as it slows down not only your site, but the sites of all other HelioHost users sharing your server.

If you need help figuring out why your site is causing such high load let us know and we can try to help. If the high load is simply because your site is getting a lot of traffic, you might want to consider purchasing a VPS instead. VPS hosting gives you an entire virtual server to yourself, including no load limits, a dedicated IP address, and full root access.

Could you explain what this big burden or causing high server load means. Where can I see it for myself? I visit it a few times a week and there are only a few dozen mega used at all. I'm the only user, I don't have there absolutely nohthing for anyone other, simply to say, it's for some code testing and changing for simple sites. Usually I even don't use any jQuery and or ajax there. So, how can be high load and huge traffic as You said. 
 I haven't uploaded or downloaded anything there, the amount should have been completely 0 for a long time.
OK. If it's a lot, I don't even need it.
Thanks (), but I want to know, where I can see this above told huge usage and how much is the huge usage.

Some minutes later..
Now I got to watch it. This is really awesome. Regardless of whether I'm blocked or not, the usage is pretty much the same, mostly all time the same...
Here it is ...
Like I said, I didn't have any access. Site was blocked.

xveVARU.png

Edited by neptunus

It's not bandwidth that gets you suspended for this (in fact, we don't even monitor bandwidth, it's unlimited). It's CPU and RAM use on the server that gets you a load suspension. In your case, it was RAM use. You can see here: https://tommy.heliohost.org:2083/frontend/paper_lantern/load/index.live.php

The closer you are to 100 on that chart, the more likely you are to be suspended in the event the server starts to bog down. Your account's RAM use was at 100 for 3 of the past 7 days, and near it for 2 of them, so I'm not surprised you got suspended. Krydos can check and give you a process name, but that usually just says it's PHP...we don't really have a way of knowing which file caused the excess load, but looking at your account, the forum is my guess since most of the other folders appear to contain simple HTML files.

But could you be such a nice person and say how much is this 100% in real numbers or in real life and one more thing - I suspect there is something wrong with your system or system settings, because I really have one simple html website opened at a time, which the size is usually 10-20 kB. Even today, I have not opened more than two websites at once. But this chart of yours is something absurd. There must be something very wrong there. This, what I see on this diagram, it's nonsense.

I'm sorry, but I'm 60+ and I've been involved in computing, electronics, and website development all my life.

I also have a corresponding higher education and have about 40 year prctice. So I think I can still do a little analysis of the operation of one server and its problems.

PS. This is not said like something bad, but a desire to help you solve this problem.

Krydos will have to research this further. The only thing I see on your account that could cause this issue is the contents of the ~/public_html/forum folder (forum software can be very memory hungry, even if it sees little to no traffic).

But could you be such a nice person and say how much is this 100% in real numbers or in real life

The 100 is basically an indicator of how many accounts on the server your account is causing more load than. So if it says 100 that means that you're causing more load than 100% of the accounts on the same server as you. The actual memory value is largely irrelevant because we don't suspend accounts for crossing some arbitrary number. The system only suspends accounts when it absolutely has to to keep the thousands of other accounts online. You can cause as much load and use as much memory as you want as long as the server's uptime stays high enough. As soon as the server starts to have some downtime it suspends whoever is contributing the most to the downtime to stabilize the server and get it back online.

But if some "real numbers" will make you feel better for some reason I'll waste my time calculating them for you:

2020-10-28 449.2 GB memory usage #1 on the server, 45% more memory than #2
2020-10-27 42.1 GB memory usage #95 on the server
2020-10-26 336.9 GB memory usage #2 on the server
2020-10-25 308.8 GB memory usage #3 on the server
2020-10-24 224.6 GB memory usage #22 on the server
2020-10-23 226.7 GB memory usage #3 on the server
2020-10-22 350.9 GB memory usage #1 on the server, 8% more memory than #2
If you don't like being suspended for high load I could always move your account to Johnny for you. The reason the system suspends high load accounts on Tommy is because we want to keep the uptime as close to 99.9% as possible. Johnny rarely has any accounts get suspended because the uptime isn't as important, and we only try to keep it above 95% or so. Maybe you'd be happier on Johnny?

Look, I don't know where or how you get such numbers, but they're not really possible. Shortly - these numbers are wrong, more correctly such a results are neve impossible.
Probably my knowledge and skills are too small to understand such chemistry, but I would still like to understand where and how you get such numbers. Unfortunately, I did not found the ansver to my question from your answer.

It is very difficult to understand how it is possible to use 300-400 GB of RAM if I have never even had so much file uploaded to the server and when I open a simple 10-20KB html where is even no javascript included, is only couple lines html and couple css lines.

Or am I also wrong that the server has been down for a long time again? I don't know, I can't see anything other than this forum here.
I don't have any access anywhere. Even not possible to make acccount emty.

OK, make the server available and I'll empty it and I want to see what those numbers are and what they will be if my account is at all empty.

I get my numbers from cPanel, and cPanel gets their numbers from the command line tool named top, and top gets its number from the OS directly. Feel free to submit a bug report to cPanel or top or CentOS if you think their tools aren't working correctly.

Even though we've told you this has nothing to do with bandwidth multiple times you still keep bringing up bandwidth for some reason. I could write a php script with less than 10 lines of code that uses 1 GB of memory for the maximum execution time of 60 seconds, and then only send 5 bytes of bandwidth. I would top the charts on memory usage easily, but hardly have any bandwidth. For the last time bandwidth is not why you're being suspended. Memory usage is.

I get my numbers from cPanel, and cPanel gets their numbers from the command line tool named top, and top gets its number from the OS directly. Feel free to submit a bug report to cPanel or top or CentOS if you think their tools aren't working correctly.

Even though we've told you this has nothing to do with bandwidth multiple times you still keep bringing up bandwidth for some reason. I could write a php script with less than 10 lines of code that uses 1 GB of memory for the maximum execution time of 60 seconds, and then only send 5 bytes of bandwidth. I would top the charts on memory usage easily, but hardly have any bandwidth. For the last time bandwidth is not why you're being suspended. Memory usage is.

Well, it seems like there's no point in even trying to talk to you about something when you talk like that.
The funniest part about this is that you recommend:

"Feel free to submit a bug report to cPanel or top or CentOS if you think their tools aren't working correctly."

You probably didn't even realize I didn't have access to cpanel ????

So far no ac cess anywhere because everything has been blocked.

I wonder how I can write something there or watch something from there if don't have access already about week or more???

And one more thing - look what's here - only Suspended, Suspended, Suspended, no access, Error 500, etc.

This is the only place that is not blocked. Even the email you have blocked !!!

Sorry, I forgot. On October 28th I got about 5 min to be on cpanel and then it was all over again.

Edited by neptunus

Well, it seems like there's no point in even trying to talk to you about something when you talk like that.

The funniest part about this is that you recommend:

"Feel free to submit a bug report to cPanel or top or CentOS if you think their tools aren't working correctly."

You probably didn't even realize I didn't have access to cpanel ????

So far no ac cess anywhere because everything has been blocked.

I wonder how I can write something there or watch something from there if don't have access already about week or more???

And one more thing - look what's here - only Suspended, Suspended, Suspended, no access, Error 500, etc.

This is the only place that is not blocked. Even the email you have blocked !!!

Sorry, I forgot. On October 28th I got about 5 min to be on cpanel and then it was all over again.

Why are you trying to login from port 2083? Lol.

You should be logging in here: https://heliohost.org/login

If anything, access should not depend on whether or not they give you access, but if your ISP grants you access. It is not rare that an ISP will block access to websites in spite.

Please try clearing your caches, rebooting your computer, checking your router and contacting your ISP to see if it is something on their end.

I have unsuspended your account

Your account has been unsuspended since October 27.

On October 29 the server caught you with 330 connections open at once, and blocked you in the firewall for an attempted DoS attack. I have unblocked you but please limit the number of connections you open to the server.

You should be logging in here: https://heliohost.org/login

If you had been logging in at this url as recommended you would have seen a helpful error message explaining that the firewall had blocked you.

• 2 weeks later...

On October 29 the server caught you with 330 connections open at once, and blocked you in the firewall for an attempted DoS attack. I have unblocked you but please limit the number of connections you open to the server.

Don't you really think if it's an anomaly in your system when you write something like this here? 
Could this be a consequence of the corona? Or You really don't think at all nothing. It's nonsense, Dear General.

Don't you really think if it's an anomaly in your system when you write something like this here? 
Could this be a consequence of the corona? Or You really don't think at all nothing. It's nonsense, Dear General.

The system caught corona? Oh dear, the poor servers! Get a ventilator, quick! We're loosing him! Johnny! NO! Don't leave us!