[Solved] Requesting Feature in cPannel

nimeshk

Hi,

Is it possible for me to enable git version control option in cPannel?

My username: edvicone

Server: ricky

And I want to know, whether the AutoSSL will be enabled for the added domain edvicon.edu.lk?

Awaiting your assistance. Thank you.

Regards,

Nimesh

Edited by nimeshk

Git is available in Tommy and Johnny's cpanel, and will be available on Ricky too once we rebuild him. Ricky's rebuild was scheduled for February or so of this year, but it got delayed because it's not safe to travel during a pandemic and we can't get anyone to the datacenter to do the required work. Once we can get someone to the datacenter rebuilding Ricky will be our top priority because he's long overdue for it. In the meantime we recommend moving to Tommy if you need git. Keep in mind that ssh access is disabled for all of our shared hosting because it is too much of a security risk so you won't be able to view clone urls even if you switch servers.

For full access to git functionality we recommend getting a VPS where you will have root access to the entire server to run any commands such as git that you want. Now is a great time to sign up for a VPS because we're having a sale that will only last until we reach the goal of our fundraiser. With any VPS subscription you get an extra 1 GB memory for free, and if you signup for 6 months you can get 10% off as well. So you can get 2GB memory, 2 CPUs, and 50 GB hard drive for only $3.60 per month for 6 months. That's an amazing deal. https://www.heliohost.org/vps/

As far as autossl, it can take up to 24 hours for a new domain to get secured. How long ago did you add that domain? If it's been more than 24 hours we can take a closer look.

Git is available in Tommy and Johnny's cpanel, and will be available on Ricky too once we rebuild him. Ricky's rebuild was scheduled for February or so of this year, but it got delayed because it's not safe to travel during a pandemic and we can't get anyone to the datacenter to do the required work. Once we can get someone to the datacenter rebuilding Ricky will be our top priority because he's long overdue for it. In the meantime we recommend moving to Tommy if you need git. Keep in mind that ssh access is disabled for all of our shared hosting because it is too much of a security risk so you won't be able to view clone urls even if you switch servers.

For full access to git functionality we recommend getting a VPS where you will have root access to the entire server to run any commands such as git that you want. Now is a great time to sign up for a VPS because we're having a sale that will only last until we reach the goal of our fundraiser. With any VPS subscription you get an extra 1 GB memory for free, and if you signup for 6 months you can get 10% off as well. So you can get 2GB memory, 2 CPUs, and 50 GB hard drive for only $3.60 per month for 6 months. That's an amazing deal. https://www.heliohost.org/vps/

As far as autossl, it can take up to 24 hours for a new domain to get secured. How long ago did you add that domain? If it's been more than 24 hours we can take a closer look.

Hi Admin,

Thank you for the quick response.

Can you please transfer this to Tommy server then please? I need git only to get files from my GitHub repo. Because all the website files are being updated there.

Also, the I added the domain less than 24 hours. I will be waiting for the SSL. 

Thank you. 

Hi Admin,

Can you please transfer this to Tommy server then please? I need git only to get files from my GitHub repo. Because all the website files are being updated there.

Thank you. 

Admins can move you if you donate $1.

https://heliohost.org/donate

Otherwise you need to take a backup, download it, delete your account and wait until midnight UTC to sign up again on Tommy

More info can be found here:

https://wiki.helionet.org/accounts/moving-your-account

:)

Edited by Jenova

Hi Admin,

Thank you. 

Admins can move you if you donate $1.

https://heliohost.org/donate

Otherwise you need to take a backup, download it, delete your account and wait until midnight UTC to sign up again on Tommy

More info can be found here:

https://wiki.helionet.org/accounts/moving-your-account

:)

Hi Admin,

Thank you for the response. I have donated as requested. Transaction ID: 20427066945012392

Please do help me in changing the server and activating Git feature in tommy server.

Thank you. 

I just noticed you have an account called edvicone on Ricky and an account called edvicon already on Tommy. Keep in mind that each user is allowed to have 1 account total according to our terms of service.

Hi Admin,

Yes, edvicon is for the domain edvicon.org and we are in need of maintaining another site edvicon.edu.lk for another purpose. That's why we have two accounts separately. And both accounts are belongs to one organization. that's why I requested the same using this account. 

Do let me know what should I do next. Thank you.

Definitely. The extra space is a one time donation of $5 per 1000 MB up to 5000 MB maximum, and you get to keep the extra space for as long as you have the account. We raise the maximum usually 1000 MB each year or so when we start a new fundraiser. We raised it 2000 MB this year though. The only transaction I know of was for $1. Were there any other donations? We usually require at least $5 to increase the storage at all, but I suppose I could increase it by 200 MB for $1 if that's all you need.

Definitely. The extra space is a one time donation of $5 per 1000 MB up to 5000 MB maximum, and you get to keep the extra space for as long as you have the account. We raise the maximum usually 1000 MB each year or so when we start a new fundraiser. We raised it 2000 MB this year though. The only transaction I know of was for $1. Were there any other donations? We usually require at least $5 to increase the storage at all, but I suppose I could increase it by 200 MB for $1 if that's all you need.

Mm yes please, for now please increase 200 MB. I will be making $5 later. Thank you admin. :)