[Solved] Suspended: wbdvsm

wbdvsm

Guys, maybe you think I'm getting complainy, but explicitly asked not to be moved to John in anticipation of exactly the problem that I'm now having, it's only fair that you should correct it and don't seem really so willing to. I don't know how many messages I've written asking the same simple thing without even the courtesy of a no. I obviously can't make you switch me to Tommy, but if you don't you'll really be screwing me and will have to be pretty peeved I'm 2nd degree connection on LinkedIn with Ben Frede. Please, just this one last thing

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, what % of the time when people are suspended for overusing memory are they unable to run their sites on Johnny. Is that really such good advice to give in those cases? And then what, just leave them hanging? 

Yes it is. If they use too much memory, move to Johnny, and still need too much over there (the limits over there are more lax than Tommy), it means the software they're running is too heavy for our free services.  There are very few applications that experience this problem. WP just happens to be the most common of them.

We usually recommend a VPS in those cases so they can have a server to themselves. Even the $4/month cheapest VPS we offer will run WP far better than our free service, and it can't get suspended since you have an entire server to yourself. 

To give an idea, the top five causes of load suspensions and issues here are these:

• Running Wordpress.
  • "Hug of death" (site suddenly gets tons of traffic due to something like being posted on reddit...)
  • Running poorly written or broken code such as scripts that get stuck in infinite loops (this one usually causes CPU issues too).
  • Running a video conversion/download site (or anything else that uses ffmpeg).
  • Running a proxy.

Hey guys, I don't know if this will ever end. I think you probably remember that I was just suspended and unsuspended and moved to Johnny and then moved back to Tommy. So now my site's apparently exceeded it's limits again before I cold wake up i the morning. 

Well, I'm up now, so, sorry, if you could unsuspend again so I can finally do all of it that'd be cool. But I don't care, I'll be the VPS for a month if that'll solve it without me having to bother you guys anymore if you just give me the link or instructions for that. 

Thanks

Your account is active. You can login and check the status of your account here https://www.heliohost.org/status/?u=wbdvsm

Thanks, sorry, this was stressing me out

I can tell that this is stressing you out. Our goal isn't to stress you out, but we need to keep our servers online and your constant high load is slowing down and causing downtime for thousands of other sites on our best server. If we were to continue allowing accounts like yours to cause as much load as they want Tommy's uptime would be as bad as Johnny's.

I'll be the VPS for a month if that'll solve it without me having to bother you guys anymore

The link to purchase a VPS is https://www.heliohost.org/vps/ If you pay for at least 1 month I'll move your sites to the VPS for you.