[Solved] Suspended: wbdvsm

wbdvsm

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why Krydos hasn't looked at this yet.

Could possibly be me. I talk to him daily. I might be distracting him.

Although he has a lot on his plate (saw his todo list, Jesus Christ!) but yea, definitely gonna try waiting for him to talk to me instead of messaging him first. Lmao

I can unsuspend you and move you to Johnny where the load won't matter so much. You can keep your account active, but the downside is poor uptime and speed. Your site will likely be down more than up due to the speed of Johnny and the resources needed for WP.

We tried option #1, and you didn't like it.

I can unsuspend you and disable your website so only cPanel works. This way you can back up your account. If you want to get the website working, you would need to remove Wordpress and request that. The downside here is your website is down.

So now we're trying option #2.

I can delete Wordpress for you and unsuspend your account, with the understanding that you're forbidden from using Wordpress. This way you get to keep your Tommy account, but downside is your wordpress installation will be permanently deleted.

Would you like to switch to option #3?

Not sure why Krydos hasn't looked at this yet.

The last time I looked at it wordpress was still there so I thought we were waiting on wdbvsm to backup his sites still. I looked at it just now and wordpress is still there. I was under the assumption that he would delete wordpress when he was done backing it up.

Ack, I somehow missed that, yeah he need to delete it still.

He keeps wanting to use the wp backup functions but those are well known for load, and there’s nothing you can do there that can’t be done in cPanel with a file archive and database dump...

Hi, no, I very very simply as I've been saying want to get my site up working again for 1 hour at least so that I can backup using a Wordpress plugin, which is the only way it's worth the time I would have to spend for me to do. I know you guys hate Wordpress and want to stop the whole world from using it, but I don't know, it seems to work on other servers. Maybe you guys have just got adapt with the times somehow. But that doesn't matter. I don't care about spending the $4 for a VPS for this, but two things with that - 1) do I even have a site anymore anywhere that would work when I got back on the VPS? and 2) the link you sent me doesn't give me any clear way to pay; it asks me to login but when I do it doesn't bring me anywhere to pay and when I go back to the link it wants me to login again. 

I hope this is an exceptionally bad case for you guys. Because this is a shit show. 

One more time, my sites back up on Tommy for the max 1 hour it would take me to use a WORDPRESS plugin to back them up is the only meaningful solution to me. We can speculate all we want about whether that would crash the system again or not, but we'd just be sidestepping the more important problem which is that my site is supposed to be working now but just gives me the "Account Suspended" message, isn't that still true?

Right, maybe you should insult us some more in addition to overloading our servers. Surely that will help things.

We gave you 4 warnings that your site was causing too much load, and you ignored them all and didn't change anything. What were we supposed to do just let you cause high load and downtime for our thousands of other users forever? It's not just you on this server. This is our best server and the way we keep it the best is by preventing sites like yours from using more than their fair share of server resources. I think 4 warnings that you're causing too much load is more than enough especially since it seems like you didn't change a single thing to reduce your load.

I guarantee you that every web host out there knows that Wordpress is a heap of garbage, but most just keep quiet and try to make extra money off it like the good businessmen that they are. There's a reason so many hosting companies offer special "Wordpress hosting". It's to keep all that trash software corralled on its own server away from everything else. The reason "Wordpress hosting" costs so much more than regular hosting is because Wordpress uses so much more resources. I don't have anything personal against wordpress, but it's shocking if you actually look at the numbers and realize how bad it is. Other HelioHost admins want to ban wordpress entirely, but I allow wordpress if people really want to use it. We just strongly encourage people to find better software.

I just logged in to your account to confirm that account backups are still working. If you need help creating or restoring a backup please let us know.

Thanks for your reply. As I've written in most messages in this thread, backing up from Wordpress is the only useful solution to me. Can we focus on this? We don't seem to be getting it. Can't I just get on the VPS for a month and do this? It's easily worth $4 not to have to spend a day trying to learn to backup and restore manually. 

Sorry if I'm impatient, but if you read through this thread with an open mind, I think you have to understand why anybody would be in this situation unless they're total pussies.

If I switch to VPS will my sites work again (I ask because they should be working on Tommy now, but I get the "Account Suspended" page)? And how can I pay for the VPS? 

Thank you

Backing up from Wordpress is only useable if your domains are functional. Since you chose option #2

I can unsuspend you and disable your website so only cPanel works. This way you can back up your account. If you want to get the website working, you would need to remove Wordpress and request that. The downside here is your website is down.

cPanel works, but your domains don't work. This is intentional. This is what was offered to you. This is what you picked. You picked option #1 moving to Johnny first which would allow your domains to continue functioning, but that didn't work for you either since your sites require too many server resources to even run at all apparently. The only other option is #3 which is we delete wordpress for you.

I did offer to move your sites to a VPS for you, but there has been quite a few insults since then so I'm sort of regretting offering, but I guess if you can try to be calm I'll keep that offer on the table. You can pay via paypal by sending $4 to admin@heliohost.org. Let me know the transaction ID and I'll move your account and all of it's domains and everything over to the VPS for you. You can then use whatever plugin or whatever you want to make the backup, or you can continue using the VPS for as long as you want.

I want to reiterate though that it definitely isn't required to get a VPS to get your backup. You've been perfectly capable of getting a full backup for the last 5 days, you have just refused to for some reason.

I don't know why I can't get this through, but I backup through a Wordpress plugin and my sites haven't been functioning since when this thread started. This is why I never would have chosen "Option 2" as you state in the last message. I don't know where this is coming from. If you can point out to me in the thread where I "picked" this option I'll call a doctor for amnesia treatment. Hard gaslight. 

Anyway, let's not argue. I'll send the $4 and maybe stay with that if that works if you can tell me how to pay monthly. Can you just please confirm that my sites will work again and I'll be able to use Wordpress?

Thank you

Edited by wbdvsm

Thank you, ok, did that (I paid via the subscription link). My PayPal isn't the same as my username/email here and I remember there's a policy against posting contacts here, so I'm not sure how you'll know which payment was mine, so let me know if there's another way that you want to get those details to you. I ordered on PayPal within the last 5 minutes if that helps.

Edited by wbdvsm