[Solved] Suspended: wbdvsm

wbdvsm

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about the delay. I was really busy all day today, and then there were a few other VPS emergencies I needed to take care of before I could start transferring your sites. I stayed up pretty late to get your VPS started, and one of your domains transferred. What I've done so far

• Created the VPS
  • Installed Ubuntu 20
  • Downloaded and installed all the latest updates
  • Installed apache
  • Installed php 7.4
  • Installed mysql
  • Transferred the rapidenglish.eu domain to the vps
  • Installed ssl on the rapidenglish.eu domain and set it up so it will autorenew so you don't need to worry about it
  • Copied for your files from Tommy to the VPS
  • Copied your database to the VPS
You can see the progress at https://rapidenglish.eu/ It still needs some work, but you can start fiddling with it if you want. The login/register button might work. Not sure. The lessons subdomain isn't set up yet, and that redirect doesn't seem to work for some reason. I also haven't even begun setting up the floydn.co domain. It's 3:50am right now though and I can't think straight anymore. I'm headed to bed. I just wanted to make some progress for you before I went to sleep.

EDIT:

I'll get your credentials to you tomorrow to log in to SSH and upload files via SFTP, etc.

Edited by Krydos

Alright, I think it's done. The reason the redirects weren't working last night is because I hadn't enabled mod_rewite yet. I got that fixed now. I moved lessons.rapidenglish.eu and floydn.co to the VPS, and set up ssl and everything. I also emailed you the instructions to log in to ssh if you want to. You can also use those same credentials and the same port to log in with an SFTP client such as filezilla to upload files, etc. Let us know if you have any questions.

EDIT:

Oh, one thing I wanted to warn you about. The way certbot consolidates ssl certificates you may get some false warnings about ssl certificates expiring in 3 months. This is because the old certificates only covered some of your domains, and the final certificate that it is running now and will autorenew covers all the domains with one certificate. So the temporary certificates that I was using for testing will not renew because they were temporary but you still might get scary sounding emails about them. You can use this tool to see how many days your certificates have left. Certbot should automatically renew them when they get to less than 30 days.

https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html#hostname=rapidenglish.eu

https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html#hostname=floydn.co

Edited by Krydos

One other thing. While I was transferring your wordpress sites I noticed some signs of hacking. It looks like they were trying to do some php injection. Since they were able to create directories and files there's a good chance they have access to a lot of your site. This isn't surprising to me in the slightest. It's part of the reason we so strongly recommend not using wordpress. You might want to keep an eye on that. It was on the main rapidenglish.eu site.

oh, damn, I really hate to keep this going and going and going....

....but I'm getting these messages now in my Wordpress dashboard, which I've never seen before, and those are for the backup plugin which is what I've been trying to get working the whole time since starting the thread: 

"

All-in-One WP Migration is not able to create /var/www/html/floydn.co/wp-content/ai1wm-backups/.htaccess file. Try to change permissions of the parent folder or send us an email at support@servmask.com for assistance.

All-in-One WP Migration is not able to create /var/www/html/floydn.co/wp-content/ai1wm-backups/web.config file. Try to change permissions of the parent folder or send us an email at support@servmask.com for assistance.

All-in-One WP Migration is not able to create /var/www/html/floydn.co/wp-content/ai1wm-backups/index.php file. Try to change permissions of the parent folder or send us an email at support@servmask.com for assistance.

All-in-One WP Migration is not able to create /var/www/html/floydn.co/wp-content/ai1wm-backups/index.html file. Try to change permissions of the parent folder or send us an email at support@servmask.com for assistance.

All-in-One WP Migration is not able to create /var/www/html/floydn.co/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/storage/index.php file. Try to change permissions of the parent folder or send us an email at support@servmask.com for assistance.

All-in-One WP Migration is not able to create /var/www/html/floydn.co/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/storage/index.html file. Try to change permissions of the parent folder or send us an email at support@servmask.com for assistance.

"

Is there anything you can recommend I do or is this a way for you to solve this? I've never seen this kind of message before and the plugin has always been functional up until when my site was moved to Johnny and so on

Thanks

All-in-One WP Migration is not able to create /var/www/html/floydn.co/wp-content/ai1wm-backups/.htaccess file. Try to change permissions of the parent folder or send us an email at support@servmask.com for assistance.

I changed the permissions of the storage directory to 777. This allows owner, group, and other to read, write, and execute files in the directory. I also saw that you had this same migration plugin installed on your other two wordpress installs so I changed the permissions of those directories. I really don't mind running commands like this for you, but if you want to learn how to do it yourself just let me know and I can explain. There is a possibility that other directories will need to have their permissions changed as well.

Yeah, I just noticed that I'm also unable to install new plugins now either. It wants an FTP address or something, which I've never seen before either.

Your SFTP credentials are the same username, password, and port 22 that you use to log in to SSH. Here is what your settings would look like in Filezilla

a45db7f29c2a7268081818870a69c809.png

I googled not being able to install plugins and it asking for ftp credentials, and found that it is probably a permissions issue as well. I changed the permissions of the /wp-content/plugins/ directory to 777 for each of your three wordpress installs as well. Let me know if you're still not able to install plugins.

Hi, thanks, I was hoping that would do it... but now I'm getting these messages: 

Dismiss this notice.

All-in-One WP Migration is not able to create /var/www/html/lessons/wp-content/ai1wm-backups/.htaccess file. Try to change permissions of the parent folder or send us an email at support@servmask.com for assistance.

All-in-One WP Migration is not able to create /var/www/html/lessons/wp-content/ai1wm-backups/web.config file. Try to change permissions of the parent folder or send us an email at support@servmask.com for assistance.

All-in-One WP Migration is not able to create /var/www/html/lessons/wp-content/ai1wm-backups/index.php file. Try to change permissions of the parent folder or send us an email at support@servmask.com for assistance.

All-in-One WP Migration is not able to create /var/www/html/lessons/wp-content/ai1wm-backups/index.html file. Try to change permissions of the parent folder or send us an email at support@servmask.com for assistance.

All-in-One WP Migration is not able to create /var/www/html/lessons/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/storage/index.php file. Try to change permissions of the parent folder or send us an email at support@servmask.com for assistance.

And the backups plugin still isn't functioning. It starts to work and looks like it is getting near the end of the process, but then gets stuck.

I'm thinking of that nursery rhyme for some reason - "I don't know why she swallowed the fly; I guess she'll die" That 5 minutes between saying switch to Johnny and then recanting... will we ever recover? 

Thanks for all your help with this. I'm sure it's not worth the $4 and whatever I donated before $10-$20. 

If we could get all these things resolved still it would be nice, though in the worst case I guess I could just manually copy the new content that at least shows right now and then go from the last backup. Starting to wonder if this is what it means to be lost in the sunk cost fallacy. 

Edited by wbdvsm

Don't worry. We can get this all working. I just don't know how wordpress works so I have no idea which directories need what permissions until you post the error. Try it now and let me know if there are any other errors.

Hmmm, which error do you mean that I should post? The only things I know are that the plugin doesn't work and I'm getting these problem/error messages in my Wordpress dashboard:

All-in-One WP Migration is not able to create /var/www/html/lessons/wp-content/ai1wm-backups/.htaccess file. Try to change permissions of the parent folder or send us an email at support@servmask.com for assistance.

All-in-One WP Migration is not able to create /var/www/html/lessons/wp-content/ai1wm-backups/web.config file. Try to change permissions of the parent folder or send us an email at support@servmask.com for assistance.

All-in-One WP Migration is not able to create /var/www/html/lessons/wp-content/ai1wm-backups/index.php file. Try to change permissions of the parent folder or send us an email at support@servmask.com for assistance.

All-in-One WP Migration is not able to create /var/www/html/lessons/wp-content/ai1wm-backups/index.html file. Try to change permissions of the parent folder or send us an email at support@servmask.com for assistance.

All-in-One WP Migration is not able to create /var/www/html/lessons/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/storage/index.php file. Try to change permissions of the parent folder or send us an email at support@servmask.com for assistance.

Edited by wbdvsm