[Solved] Suspended: georgene

Guest georgene

Your account was suspended because Wordpress is causing too much load. I have unsuspended your account, but please try to limit the load you put on our servers as it slows down not only your site, but the sites of all other HelioHost users sharing your server.

This is really common for Wordpress. It can cause massive amounts of load even if you're hardly getting any traffic to your site. Wordpress is also incredibly insecure and very easy to hack. We see Wordpress accounts get hacked all the time and usually the hacker sets up a phishing site on your domain. We strongly recommend using any software other than Wordpress.

Something that might help is this simply static Wordpress plugin. It will speed up your site, reduce the load you cause, and reduce your chance of getting hacked. If you try it let us know how it worked out for you.

If you insist on using Wordpress you might want to consider purchasing a VPS instead. VPS hosting gives you an entire virtual server to yourself, including no load limits, a dedicated IP address, and full root access. Wordpress sites load relatively slowly on our shared hosting, but they will be much faster on a VPS.

Guest georgene

ClassicPress doesn't work with the newest wordpress version. 

Also, none of this is going to work with woocommerce, so I can only do it on 3d.mackproductions.com.

WooCommerce and wordfence are the two heaviest and most suspension prone plugins we see. If you're using that, the only way you're going to fix it without buying a VPS is to find entirely different (non-Wordpress-based) software.

Also, classicpress is a replacement for WP. It's not supposed to work with 5.x. It's supposed to replace 5.x entirely. It's basically a long term support version of 4.9 maintained by a third party group. Their primary focus is eliminating the major redesign and bloat of 5.x, while maintaining security updates and compatibility with 4.x series stuff.

Note: bigger sized plugins cause more load. if you want to reduce the load on your account, try to use smaller plugins.

Not sure its the size of the plugin that makes a difference.

I can use plugins that are huge but sit idle until I manually executed them and small plugins that run constantly, increasing load and getting you suspended.

In my experience, I disabled all my plugins and my load was STILL through the roof. I came thisclose to getting suspended.

So, in all actuality, Wordpress IS a bad idea.

Also, a lot of people use WP because "WP is popular so it must be good". Remember: Popularity is not an indication of quality...

In fact, the opposite tends to be true more often than not (the more popular it is, the more buggy/bloated/etc. it is)...insomuch that I'd be willing to say that the popularity of the product is a direct cause of its poor code quality: As the product becomes popular, the developer is pressured into cramming more crap into it and rushing it out the door faster to keep the user base growing, leading to things like Wordpress that suffer from horrendous code quality, a substantial amount of feature bloat, and the performance issues that go with.