[Solved] Outbound TCP

sermaven

Hey again! I recently posted about needing an outbound UDP port opened for a small business website. Back with some TCP problems this time.

My Problem

I'm attempting to have my game server send outbound TCP web requests to the web server. I'm not really sure if that made sense, I'm still in the learning phase of cPanel and websites. 

The outbound UDP port that was opened fixed a ton of issues, my current issue is my website isn't tracking the information on my game server, like how many players are currently on. 

Useful Info

Quote from the developer of the software I'm using for this:

"Those error messages are related to the addon sending web requests to the web server. In technical terms, outbound TCP from the game server to the web server."

The port I had opened before for outbound UDP was 27116, and I am assuming I also need the port to allow outbound TCP? Or something along those lines. 

Hopefully all this isn't too confusing. For the most part I'm not familiar with anything i am talking about. I'm happy to provide any information needed! Thank you in advance!

That is correct. In order for the web server to able connected to your game server, UDP and TCP port must have to be open because if you only open UDP then you test it and then later you noticed you are getting another error stating that the TCP port isn’t open by your web server provider, then in the case, we have to open it that as well. :)

I assume the port you need to open for the TCP is 27116?

Escalating to our root admin Krydos