[Solved] allow_url_fopen

sermaven

Heya! Question about if allow_url_fopen is enabled on Tommy in php version 7.3.6

And if it is not, is this something I would need to pay for? 

What I'm trying to do

I'm using website software that will accurately track my game server's statistics. However I keep getting errors on my end. This may be my issue as it is required for the software to work correctly. 

I've been getting the same error, for awhile. Although now that you confirmed that allow_url_fopen is enabled, I am narrowing down what could be wrong. 

This is the error I see in my game server console

Request failed. Response: {"status":"unauthorized"}

This is really all the information I have to go on, and I do believe the developer of the software I'm using would be able to identify the issue. 

I'm going to see if I can find some more errors and contact the software developer as well. 

I just want to say thank you for being very patient and helpful, I'm very new to website-related topics and this community has been incredibly awesome. I really appreciate it, so thank you! 

Here were the requirements for the software to run properly:

• a web server with PHP 7.2.5 or above
• PHP MySQLi extension
• allow_url_fopen enabled in php.ini
• MySQL 5.7.23 and above (5.6.5 and above may work)
• mod_rewrite enabled for Apache users
• UDP access for server queries (optional)

From my previous posts with the UDP ports, it ended up fixing pretty much all my issues. 

Unauthorized...assuming that's the HTTP status code, 401, that is going to mean that the server is refusing the request because you're not sending valid credentials. It's basically the response an HTTP request gets when the request requires authentication of some type and you either didn't supply or supplied an invalid username/password/api key/etc.