[Solved] Emails not coming through

seintitus

Hello. I have just installed php site everything is working fine except the emails are not being delivered. For instance if someone registers on my site, they don't receive email notification. I have tested the same script with exactly same settings on a different host "interserver" and the emails are working fine. What could be the matter? My server is tommy, my main domain: cyclos.za.org and my username is tchesoen.

I logged in to your account and tried to send an email. I waited like 20 minutes and it still said "in progress" so I restarted exim on Tommy and then tried sending another email and it went out immediately. It looks like maybe emails on Tommy got stuck and restarting it unstuck it. Thanks for reporting the issue.

As far as your email itself goes, it's not great though. You don't have SPF or DKIM enabled so your messages that are now actually sending might still end up in people's spam boxes. You can enable SPF and DKIM yourself through cpanel, and actually they are both enabled on all new accounts by default so you must have disabled them for some reason at some point. Here's the email report for reference:

https://www.mail-tester.com/test-k93kkaeqy

hello. yes I am able to send emails directly when i login to my email account but my problem is that it seems the mails are not delivered over my website via the php (mail) function. I have installed the same script here on heliohost "www.cyclos.za.org" and on interserver host "www.damicotrust.com"  I have configured with the same settings but the one on interserver works fine. i.e when a user for example register on the site, they get a registration confirmation email delivered to their inbox but it doesnt work so on the script that i have installed here on heliohost.

Gmail is especially sensitive to that. If an email is sent to a gmail box, the sender must have at least SPF enabled, or the mail simply gets deleted. The sender usually gets an email saying it was refused because of lack of spf/dkim, but with mail() it's quite possible that's going to a noreply address....

I went to your website and registered for a new account. The website said it sent an email, but there is no record of it in any of the logs. I recommend disabling cloudflare and see if that fixes the issue. There isn't really anything we can do to help you other than make random guesses while cloudflare is enabled.