[Solved] add postgresql extensions

wambachr

Hi,

Please create hstore and postgis extensions on my postgres database.

Host: tommy.heliohost.org

User: wambachr

Database: wambachr_osm

Regards,

Walter

ps: would like to add some simple OpenStreetMap based maps.

Please do note that we can only install most of the extensions that are compatible on the share host and since you need to install the postgis for your databases, we can definitely do that for you. :)

The only problem we cannot install hstore extension on the shared host is because due security reasons. You can get a paid VPS server for that but we just can’t have hstore extension install on the shared host for security reasons purposes. For now, I’ll just escalate this to our root admin Krydos to install the postgis and see what he’ll say about the hstore extension and maybe possibly installed on the shared host.

Escalating

The only problem we cannot install hstore extension on the shared host is because due security reasons.

You must be thinking of something else. Hstore is just an alternate way to store data for a postgresql database entry if you don't want to make a whole new column for it.

The postgresql extensions postgis and hstore have been created on the database wambachr_osm.

btw: may be i'll switch to one of your paid servers next year.

You don’t have to switch over to the Paid VPS server next year since Krydos is able install any of the extensions to your shared host account. You only need it if one of your requests or requirements like extensions or anything that is not supported on the shared host or for security reasons.

Just saying. :)

There are many reasons to switch to a VPS if he wants to other than being able to create his own extensions on his postgresql databases. Some that come to mind quickly in this situation are, you can install the latest version of postgresql instead of the ancient 9.2 that cpanel provides, faster, more database storage, more secure, and hundreds of other reasons too.