[Solved] Suspended: msm

mishra

a. your HelioHost username: msm
b. the server your account is on: RICKY
c. your HelioHost main domain: www.madhusudanmishra.in

Its an education website from where my students get subject notes. THATS IT, then why it is get suspended. It is not even opened by more than 10 students in a day. 

The mission is to spread knowledge, in minimum cost to all students, just like the mission of heliohost. Suspension Page will not only destroy the image in front of students but also not a good way to treat members.

In a good gesture and a general principal of law, a previous mail should be delivered as an opportunity about suspension to the site owner. Such kind of suspension not only reduce loyalty and trust but also reduces interest in your services.

From ever further, kindly intimate in advance about the issue before suspension.

post-162527-0-30119600-1606594446_thumb.png

Edited by mishra

Your account was suspended because Wordpress is causing too much load. I have unsuspended your account, but please try to limit the load you put on our servers as it slows down not only your site, but the sites of all other HelioHost users sharing your server.

This is really common for Wordpress. It can cause massive amounts of load even if you're hardly getting any traffic to your site. Wordpress is also incredibly insecure and very easy to hack. We see Wordpress accounts get hacked all the time and usually the hacker sets up a phishing site on your domain. We strongly recommend using any software other than Wordpress.

Something that might help is this simply static Wordpress plugin. It will speed up your site, reduce the load you cause, and reduce your chance of getting hacked. If you try it let us know how it worked out for you.

If you insist on using Wordpress you might want to consider purchasing a VPS instead. VPS hosting gives you an entire virtual server to yourself, including no load limits, a dedicated IP address, and full root access. Wordpress sites load relatively slowly on our shared hosting, but they will be much faster on a VPS.

I am not using wordpress. Even if it is installed but don't have any website installed or in use. There are only two directories are in use i.e. main domain (static and single page) and /register (for notes download). 

Hand folded request to please set my account not to get suspend directly. Please provide a prior intimation. 

As a non profit teacher, I have a goodwill for my students and when they saw such a "suspended message" on my website, it has effect on the same.

Opportunity of being heard should be given to all before such suspensions. An automatic email should be delivered to all before such action by your servers.

Thank You!

I am not using wordpress. Even if it is installed but don't have any website installed or in use. There are only two directories are in use i.e. main domain (static and single page) and /register (for notes download).

Hand folded request to please set my account not to get suspend directly. Please provide a prior intimation.

As a non profit teacher, I have a goodwill for my students and when they saw such a "suspended message" on my website, it has effect on the same.

Opportunity of being heard should be given to all before such suspensions. An automatic email should be delivered to all before such action by your servers.

Thank You!

There is an category in CPanel called Metrics. Under it should be a button called Account Load. You can watch your average load there. Make sure the CPU/Load dont reach 100 or you have a high chance of being suspended.

On 28 Nov, my memory load is less than 35 but still after that my website is get suspended. Guys, I don't use any proxy or other serious stuff. Its a simple php website where students register to download subject notes and that's it. 

Kindly, don't suspend it again due to any mistake or unreasonable reason. 

Thank You!

Edited by mishra

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that someone is maliciously targeting you for some reason. There is no "unreasonable reason". It's pretty simple, you cause a load spike and you get suspended. I think Wolstech, an admin, has been suspended for high load a few times. My personal account almost got suspended once for high load. Jenova, another admin, came really close to getting suspended for high load too. Yashrs, another admin, has been suspended a bunch of times. The system doesn't even take donations into consideration. Even donors can get suspended for high load. No one is immune. The reason we have to suspend people who cause too high of load is because if we don't the uptime ends up being like 20%. If you don't like being suspended, either don't cause load spikes by using a lot of memory in a very small time, or move to Johnny where the system doesn't really suspend anyone.

• Like 1

Again suspended!! WOW!! what a system. From last 2 years my account is never get suspended but now it is get suspended again and again. My memory load is always less than 50-60 but still after that get suspended.  

Edited by mishra

We're all volunteers here giving away hosting for free out of the goodness of our hearts. Then you come along and cause 5+ minutes of downtime on one of our production servers. You rightfully get suspended for it, but if that's not enough you make a lot of non-sensical comments and go leave a 1 star review. We don't owe you anything. We're a certified charity that helps thousands of people around the world and we were trying to give you an excellent, high quality service that most companies would charge for, but if you can't appreciate that then you don't deserve an account. We turn away hundreds of people each day that would love to have one of our free accounts. I would rather one of them have the space your account is taking up on the server because they will actually appreciate what they are getting.

• Like 2

First of all, I never make any non-sensical comment anywhere. All I want to know is the so-called "load spike" statistics. From the very beginning, I am saying that I don't have any WordPress installations nor any e-commerce website. As guided by "Jenova", I also checked my "Account Load" Metrix, where the memory load is always lower than 100. I already clarified that there are only two directories are in use, i.e. main domain (static and single page) and /register (for notes download). 

For the last two days, no account is created by any student on my website. All I do is check the number of students in my database using a PHP script which confirms the same and also that my website is running properly every few hours during office hours. I cannot understand that how running a simple PHP file 5 to 6 times in a day can cause 5+ minutes of downtime on a server. 

I always appreciate the efforts of every single developer and engineer working in heliohost that they are providing almost fully featured web hosting for free but I am unable to understand the reason for the suspension as I don't receive any warning email with statistics of "load spike" caused by my account neither for suspension.

​I also cannot understand the way you suspend accounts by directly displaying the "suspension page" on a running website. Even if you want to suspend, then suspend by showing a page that displays "Website is not available for a technical reason...Please try after some time" and sending a suspension email in the background to the owner with the correct reasons. This will even not affect the image or goodwill of the person/organization running that website.

As I already mentioned that I am also a teacher starting my career and that's why I am hosting for free. As soon as I get a large base of students, I will shift to the paid ones. 

What I am doing is just asking the reasons for suspension and the possible solutions, but if you think that I disrespect your efforts then sorry for that. I am here on heliohost for more than the last 2 years. Thank you so much for the service. 

If you believe that I don't deserve an account then it's my humble request to please unblock my Cpanel so that I can take a backup of my website and database and then after feel free to delete my account. 

Thank You once again for all the support and efforts and sorry for making your server down. 

@Moneybrz: Your post was removed for being inaccurate. We usually will email a backup to someone who got a permanent suspension, so long as the suspension was not due to illegal activity. A user will lose their data only if an account gets suspended for something like phishing or malware, where we can't guarantee the account doesn't contain malicious or stolen data.