The One-Dollar Server

badrihippo

Hi there,

This is in response to the "Would you be interested in a new server?" you sent out a few weeks ago. I chose "no" because I've just migrated over to a VPS, but I want to say, this idea made me very excited!

My two-years-ago self would have been delighted at the opportunity to run things like Ghost and Grav without worrying about load, and with much less maintenance and cost than a VPS! To be honest, most of my reluctance to run heavy scripts was not for fear of being suspended, but just that fact that I'd be adding so much load to the server without giving anything back for it—so this micro-payment style model would help me carry on without feeling so guilty. Not useful for me now because of the VPS, but it's certainly an awesome feature which I think some of my friends would be interested in if they get to that stage.

While I'm here, let me sign off with: thanks for all the thought and effort you put into your services—we're all lucky to have a webhost like yours! :D :lol:

Thanks for the feedback. The new server is going to be a stepping stone on the way to a VPS so you don't have to make the giant leap on your own. Most people don't know if they need a VPS or not, and most people are afraid they won't know what to do if they did have a VPS. The new server will automatically scale you up and transfer you to a VPS when you need it so it will take the guesswork out of people wondering what hosting solution they need.