CNAME change please :)

Swift

Domain: mgatesphoto.com

Sub: mail

To: ghs.google.com

Helionet username: dtruck

Helionet subdomain: dtruck.heliohost.org

Yes, I realize the nameserver for mgatesphoto.com hasn't been changed to heliohost yet, I'm waiting for my account to be "installed and configured" (it says it is still in queued).

Thank you!

I can't manually change settings for thousands of different people... that's why we have control panels. You can change CNAMEs in cPanel. If your cPanel is not up yet, you will have to wait for it to come up.

I can't manually change settings for thousands of different people... that's why we have control panels. You can change CNAMEs in cPanel. If your cPanel is not up yet, you will have to wait for it to come up.

Really, mind showing me where? I've tried the search bar for "cname" and no results. I also see no cname setting.

Sorry... I forgot that cPanel doesn't use the term "CNAME". Follow the directions on the third post here:

http://groups.google.com/group/hosted-sett...536b8e998?pli=1

That would be a good alternative if subdomain redirection didn't HTTP redirect, I need a DNS redirect though.

There is no way to edit the CNAME records in cPanel by yourself. You

have to call your host provider. I have the same problem and had to

call the host company and they will change it.

Oh, right... cPanel DOESN'T have CNAME administration for users. That explains why I +1'd this bug almost a year ago. Heh... my bad. I suppose I'm too used to being the admin.

Okay, I've updated your CNAME. Out of curiosity: why did you need this CNAME changed? MX records should suffice if you're looking to change who's hosting the email server for your domain.

• 4 months later...