[Solved] Unable to run my Django site on Johnny server

nakssoft

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at <> to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Edited by nakssoft

Krydos is the only one who knows anything about Django. Very few people here use it. Normally I'd suggest trying to get the example on this page to work, but I'm not sure if it's still relevant since it was for an old version of Django: https://wiki.helionet.org/tutorials/django

500 error is usually something simple though, .htaccess syntax errors or a bad shebang line are fairly common. Note that you have to use this path to python in your shebang line in order for Django to work on Johnny:

/usr/bin/python3.7 

Plain /usr/bin/python won't work, nor will the env tool (points to wrong version of Python)

I updated my previous post for some common issues, but you may need to wait for Krydos to figure this out.

EDIT: Looking at manage.py, you're using /usr/bin/env, which does not work here since it points to the wrong version of Python (2.7, which doesn't support Django). You need to specifically use /usr/bin/python3.7

Krydos will need to answer that. I don't know Django. I looked at your .py files and don't see any other than manage.py that have a shebang line, but then, Django works differently too so it may not even have one like a normal .py script that I'd use in cgi-bin...