Blocked IP

esn024

I was trying to add an add-on domain and log in through FileZilla, but I was getting really confused about where to find the right information to enter (I thought I entered what it showed me, but obviously I got something wrong every time I tried).

For SFTP, you can only use the cPanel username and password. The "extra FTP accounts" options only work for plain unencrypted FTP on port 21.

Thanks. This is the first time I'm doing this (at least, the first time in years), I tried to connect to SFTP with the "Manual Settings" listed under the FTP account I made.

So if I understand correctly, I don't actually need to make an FTP account at all, I should just use the the main SFTP account since I can access everything from it. How ARE the extra FTP accounts useful exactly?

Edited by esn024

If you had users who maintained a specific portion of a website for instance and needed access to only some portion of your account. They're not used very often.

Ah, I see. Thank you very much for the explanation. (I wish there had been a little explanatory notice in cPanel!)