Primary domain document root vs add-on domains

esn024

cpanel shows my primary domain as thebrooksreflections.heliohost.org

I have been hosting thebrooksreflections.com and had this domain set up as an alias in cpanel.

This worked fine.

I am now trying to add a second website, animatsiya.net

I used the addon domains feature, which automatically creates any new document root folder in public_html, this makes it accessible from my original domain. I'd like to avoid this, as they are separate websites.

To fix this, I removed thebrooksreflections.com as an alias and added it as an addon domain

thebrooksreflections.com should now be pointing to public_html/thebrooksreflections

and animatsiya.net should be pointing to public_html/animatsiya

but thebrooksreflections.com is still accessing public_html as its root

What am I doing wrong?

The weird page is because you're forcing SSL on a domain that doesn't have a certificate installed. When you do that, the server will serve the content of a random domain that has SSL installed (typically it'll be a random user's website, your domain just got lucky and the user's website looks like it could be from us). It fixes itself once AutoSSL runs and a certificate gets set up.

I just manually ran AutoSSL for you so you can skip the 24 hour wait. Give it another few hours for the certs to install and Apache to restart again and it will work properly. You may need to clear your cache once its working in order to see it.

8:28:15 PM This system has AutoSSL set to use “cPanel (powered by Comodo)”.
 8:28:15 PM Checking websites for “esn024” …
 8:28:17 PM The website “thebrooksreflections.thebrooksreflections.heliohost.org”, owned by “esn024”, has no SSL certificate. AutoSSL will attempt to obtain a new certificate and install it.
 8:28:19 PM The system will attempt to renew SSL certificates for the following websites:
 8:28:19 PM thebrooksreflections.thebrooksreflections.heliohost.org (thebrooksreflections.com www.thebrooksreflections.com mail.thebrooksreflections.com webmail.thebrooksreflections.com cpanel.thebrooksreflections.com webdisk.thebrooksreflections.com thebrooksreflections.thebrooksreflections.heliohost.org www.thebrooksreflections.thebrooksreflections.heliohost.org)
 8:28:42 PM The system has completed the AutoSSL check for “esn024”.

The default ssl page works on Johnny and Tommy, but Ricky broke and there are literally too many accounts on the server to change the default ssl page anymore. When I try to change the default it errors out because the account list is simply too long for the server to be able to handle it. We were scheduled to rebuild Ricky last February or March 2020, but due to covid we had to delay those plans because it wasn't safe for our staff to travel to the datacenter to do the required Ricky upgrade. We finally got that in person maintenance done a few days ago which gives us the ability to do the long overdue Ricky rebuild. It should hopefully be complete in the next few months, and it will fix many things such as the default ssl page.