[Solved] Blank page on VPS purchase

horonxi

Hello admins,

I got a problem when trying to buy a VPS from your VPS page (https://www.heliohost.org/vps/). I have chosen all of the settings to my requirements but when I click subscribe (Monthly payment) I landed on a blank page with nothing on it. The URL shows I'm on https://www.heliohost.org/vps/working/ but nothing is happening, is this a bug on your side or my side. Attached with this post is an image of the blank page.

Thank you.

post-101959-0-45422300-1611962654_thumb.png

Thanks for reporting to us!

We are so sorry that you weren't satisfied with these problems during the purchase and finalizing the process of creating your VPS account.

Krydos will be able to fix this issue for you since he is in charge with this.

Escalating

Thanks for reporting to us!

We are so sorry that you weren't satisfied with these problems during the purchase and finalizing the process of creating your VPS account.

Krydos will be able to fix this issue for you since he is in charge with this.

Escalating

Hello, good morning, I also tried to make a monthly vps purchase and then 6 months the same thing happened to me then I made a second donation to increase the storage space, I threw a message that said something more than 500 mb but it is not reflected
or how could I migrate my account to a vps I am currently on the tommy server

I made a second donation to increase the storage space, I threw a message that said something more than 500 mb

The heliohost.org/tommy page is only designed for making a donation if you don't already have an account. If you already have an account and you make a donation on that page it does strange things. I'll get that fixed soon.

I landed on a blank page with nothing on it.

or how could I migrate my account to a vps I am currently on the tommy server

I fixed the VPS page. Try submitting it now.

It works now and got my VPS running, although it is a bit slow to ssh since I'm halfway around the world from the server location. In which server is the VPS hosted if you don't mind me asking? In terms of CPU, running some action is quite slow (e.g. docker pull some_image) despite having 8vCPU its not really utilizing it my guess would be bottleneck it read/write speed though I'm not sure since its only extracting 1 at a time. Thanks for the help.

Edited by horonxi

Yeah, we know the VPS are pretty slow right now. That's why we're currently giving away 1 GB memory for free to help speed them up a bit. The problem is the hard drive speeds. We have plenty of memory and cpu right now, but the hard drive is significantly slower than we thought it was going to be. When we realized how slow it was becoming we started this fundraiser https://charity.gofundme.com/o/en/campaign/2020-server-improvements to buy new hard drives.

Our VPS will get a speed boost too. We will be buying new drives for our VPS customers which could increase the data transfer rate by up to 22,000%. In the meantime we will be giving 1 GB memory for free to any VPS purchase while this fundraiser is active.

As soon as we as hit that fundraiser goal we'll buy the new drives, and as soon as we can get someone to the datacenter to install them all the VPS will see a nice speed increase.

As far as latency goes, the servers are located in silicon valley, which is near San Francisco California USA. Another thing I like to mention to people who get Ubuntu as their OS is you can disable all that junk when you first log in. It does all sorts of apt package checks to see if anything needs to be upgraded. With motd.service running it can take several minutes to log in, but if you disable it you can ssh in within a few seconds. I disabled it on my personal VPS because I got sick of waiting so long every time.