[Answered] DNS from Cloudflare to Heliohost

jmlousa

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been answered or if this is not the correct place to post my question.

I have point my domain, currently hosted at Cloudflare, to Heliohost and I believe your servers are ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org.

I can only insert 1 server on Clouflare post-203172-0-85856400-1613062708_thumb.jpg. Would this be ok? Also, I have done this 24 hours ago and my account is still queued?

Would you be able to assist? THanks.

Thanks for the help.

You need to change it at the registrar and remove CF entirely in order for our services to work properly. You can't delegate the domains on CF, cpanel won't be able to see the name servers that way (it'll refuse to let you add them).

Also, be aware that if you use it, domains purchased through Cloudflare Registrar are not supported. You can kind of cheat by creating an A record to your server's shared IP, but most features such as email, subdomains, etc. won't work with these domains since it's impossible to properly configure them.

Correct. You can't get most functionality without transferring it to pretty much any registrar that's not CF. Google Domains would've worked, as would nearly any other major provider like Namecheap or GoDaddy.

CF is about the only registrar we're aware of that simply cannot be made to work properly here. Even oddball services like registro.br, eu.org, and OVH can be tricked into working, but CF doesn't even have the options required because they force you to use their own DNS/CDN service.

No problem. We usually recommend users with a paid domain use Namecheap, but as I said above pretty much any registrar that's not CF will work.

Please keep in mind also that this restriction is not unique to us. Most if not all cPanel-based web hosts will experience this issue. CF registrar just sucks.