postgreSQL version

noscere

Hi,

I have been trying to re-install the latest Joomla (3.9.x) onto my raspberry pi, using my new heliohost postgreSQL database. I couldn't figure out why the installation script hangs until php timeout (increasing the timeout value just causes it to hang for longer), then returns to the pre-installation overview.

https://downloads.joomla.org/technical-requirements

Turns out that Joomla 3.x has a recommended requirement for postgreSQL - version 9.1 or greater - and a minimum requirement for version 8.3.18.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Johnny is running PostgreSQL 8.1.23 - will this ever be upgraded? Or am I stuck with this version of postgreSQL unless I can find an opening on a different helio server (I know its closed, but stevie is v9.0.7, for example)?

Is it possible for it to be upgraded? At least the minor version up to the minimum req. of 8.3.18? :) 

All of our servers are already currently running the latest possible version of 9.2.24 that is compatible with cPanel. If you need aleast that version to run the software, you should go for the VPS. You will have a full root control however you like and you can install your own software versions too.