suitability?

nltrade

Hi folks, thought I would put forward my idea here and get feedback on the suitability of the platform. 

I am a university professor (mathematician) by profession.  I have been a hockey collector / small time dealer for many years.  

I developed a simple php/postgresql solution that allows other collectors search my available inventory and make purchase or trade offers.  I have had the website "public" several years ago.  4 or 5 years ago the rules on the server I was using changed and I could no longer have an outward facing presence.  

This is not meant to be a full fledged e-commerce site.  Right now people would send me an email with a list of items they would like and payment or a trade would be arranged.    Traffic would never be high, maybe a 0-10 visits per day.  

Is this platform suitable? 

What "primitive" e-commerce features are allowed? (For example a "shopping cart" which allows users to add items to a list which would then be emalied to me would likely be sufficient).  

Other things I should be aware of?

Best,

RH

We have users with fully functional shopping sites running here, so you’re fine.

The most important things to keep in mind are your server load (code that’s too heavy can get you suspended, you can watch your load averages in cPanel), and the number of emails you send (limit 50/day, sending more can get you suspended).

Stay away from wordpress. That pile of junk almost always gets users suspended for load.

Also make sure you keep everything updated if you use off the shelf software, hacked sites often end up being used for phishing, which will earn an account a permanent ban.

• Like 1