[Solved] Cannot access Cpanel (Postgres)

jpsshort

Are you logging in from a workplace or school? That's the most common issue, and it's caused by your organization blocking port 2083.

Try using the "Insecure Login" button at the bottom of the tools page instead. This logs you in via unencrypted connection on port 80, which should work pretty much anywhere.

Hi 

Thanks for you for your prompt advice.

I have just tried the insecure login option and it also comes up with this site cannot be reached. I am currently using a laptop with Windows 10 and I  using this from my home address.

I only recently signed up with a Tommy invite. 

Is it possible that I may not have set up my account properly?  The suggested login name was jpsshort on the first page of the sign up which I switched to jps47 on the second page.  I note however that this change did not happen to take effect.   However, is it a possible reason for the failure to connect.

Sorry to be of trouble.

Edited by jpsshort

Hi

I have now set up a postgresql  database and tried to enable postgis with the CREATE extension postgis.

Unfortunately this did not work as anticipated. 

SQL error:

ERROR: syntax error at or near "create"
LINE 1: SELECT COUNT(*) AS total FROM (create extension postgis) AS ...
^

In statement:
SELECT COUNT(*) AS total FROM (create extension postgis) AS sub

Could you please let me know if it is possible to enable postgis.

Many thanks

Port 2083 is blocked on your computer for some reason, which is very odd for a home computer.

Also, please keep in mind that the link you're using won't count for the inactivity timer. You'll need to log into our website to keep the account active, even if you open cpanel itself using that link. (For what it's worth, the "Insecure login" link on the heliohost tools page on our website should be the same exact link as the one that works for you).

Krydos has to install postgis. You can't do that yourself.

Hi

Thanks for the update.

Do I have to contact Krydos to install postgis?

If so how do I do that?

Perhaps this is a silly question but can I unblock port 2083 myself or is it being used by some software on my computer and that is why it is blocked.

Many thanks again for responding to my numerous requests.  

Your request has already been assigned to Krydos and he will look at this when he gets a chance. In a meantime, could you please provide us your main database along the database username that you would like us to enable for you?

Perhaps this is a silly question but can I unblock port 2083 myself or is it being used by some software on my computer and that is why it is blocked.

Start by trying another device on the same network (e.g. your phone while on the same Wifi). If that works, then you probably have a firewall on your computer blocking it. If that doesn't work, your router may be the cause.