[Solved] Suspended: bbass

bbass

I couldn`t find anything, it looks the same like before, i don`t know what`s the problem..

If Krydos have time for this, yes, please tell him to have a look

I will check here for the updates, thank you

Best regards

In the 24 hours leading up to your suspension spam assassin on your account used 201 GB of memory, imap used 25 GB, and lmtp used 14 GB of memory. Also spam assassin used 22,420 units of cpu which, like Wolstech said, is 2123% more than the second highest cpu usage account for that time period. Did you receive an obscene number of spam emails or something that day?

OMG, i`m not really sure how many spam emails was that day but i deleted more than 6000 smap emails  :o but the think is, i`m not sure but, if i remember correctly was from domain pleiadian.tk .. Can you see from which specific domain was spam assasin going mad ? so i can remove pleiadian domain if that is the problem

Thank you Krydos

Best regards

WOW... Not the sender, i was curios to what specific email address of mine was all of that spam emails beside the pleiadian, i will remove it anyway, hope all is gonna be ok after that.

Thanks again Krydos

Best regards

I`ve checked the emails again and the spammed one it was the main email account: bbass, but another weird thing is when i go to check email and use the roundcube (for the main email account) on the tot right hand it still shows "bbass@pleiadian.tk" (probably when i start, pleiadian was the main domain), even now after i deleted the domain from the server (and i can`t send emails), when i switch to horde, works fine and i can send emails.. maybe you can have a look or know something about this

Best regards

• 2 months later...

The spam attack has started again.

In the last 24 hours your account has used 651 GB of memory, and 59,536.20 units of cpu. That is 794% more memory than #2, and 3356% more cpu than #2.

I noticed what was going on though before your account got suspended. The email address that is being targeted is bbass at tommy.heliohost.org so I logged in to that account and created a new filter rule. Any email address with an @ symbol in it (so all email addresses) simply discards the email instead of scanning it to see if it's spam. Since the memory and cpu usage is coming from the spamd process this should hopefully skip the scanning of all these spam emails and save the server from the high memory usage and high cpu usage that scanning tens of thousands of emails requires. If this doesn't help enough we may be forced to suspend your account until this blows over again.

The email filter didn't skip spamd. I'm going to have to disable spam assassin on your whole account.

Edited by Krydos
disabled spamd too
  • Like 1

My changes appeared to have worked. In the last 12 hours your account has only used 1.4 GB of memory and 86.1 units of cpu. I'm going to mark this solved.

You've only received 8 emails in the last hour so that's not too bad. If you want to re-enable spam assassin and remove the filter rule go ahead.

• Like 1