[Solved] Server load issues on Tommy

trenten

Hi,

I've been using Heliohost to host a college website building team project for a real client. After the semester, we plan to move the site to their own hosting site. But recently, I've noticed some loading issues. It seems that the pages get stuck on performing TLS Handshake forever. Also after uploading an edited version of either HTML or PHP files, the whole site lags like this for a while and will suddenly start working again. Is there any way to prevent this from happening or is something causing this?

Yesterday I was coding a PHP page that takes a PayPal transaction and validates the orderID and will save it to the database. But after uploading the file, the entire site was stuck loading for hours and I finally gave up for the day.

I'm on the Tommy server and the domain I'm working on is

https://trenten.heliohost.org/index.htm

Here is a screenshot from just now where I do a CTRL + F5 reload. It took over a minute to load.

post-196318-0-74175500-1616596926_thumb.png

That's...odd. Tommy isn't showing any real load issues for the past 24 hours. When Tommy does slow down though, the SSL handshake is usually the first thing that starts hanging I've noticed. I have a few older apps running on Tommy and I've been noticing slower times the past day or so as well.

Lets have Krydos look at it to see if he notices something I don't.

• Like 1

That's...odd. Tommy isn't showing any real load issues for the past 24 hours. When Tommy does slow down though, the SSL handshake is usually the first thing that starts hanging I've noticed. I have a few older apps running on Tommy and I've been noticing slower times the past day or so as well.

Lets have Krydos look at it to see if he notices something I don't.

That would be great! Glad to know it's not just me.

585517c390674a7b63eb52fa19ba0c75.png

http://heliohost.grd.net.pl/monitor/archive/?2021-03-24

The top line is the apache response time. The three lines in the middle are the load. You made the original post right around 14:30 UTC where there was a small load spike, and if you look at the top line it looks like there was a small ddos or something happening. It looks like the firewall took care of it because the response time has improved since then.