Websockets

gatekeeper

For web sockets, there are topics on this if you search "sockets" on the forum, but they're mostly users who tried doing it using Java, and it didn't work. I don't know if anyone has ever tried doing it with Python. Might be worth trying.

As for cgi-bin not running code, do you have a link to a script that won't run so we can figure this out?

Once we have a link to a broken script and I can take a look I'll pass this to Krydos for you. He's the expert on the Python stuff around here and will probably also have input on the web sockets (I don't know much about either of these topics beyond how to get a script running, I mostly do PHP work...)

It's because you have a flask app installed. The .htaccess that goes with that redirects all requests, so you can't access the cgi-bin folder. Renaming the .htaccess lets the server find the file, though the app.py is not a valid Python file or a valid python web app, so it just produces a 500 error instead.