To the people that complain when they get suspended for high server usage

To the those who complain when they get suspended for high server usage. Heliohost is a FREE and an AMAZING host that tries its best to provide unlimited hosting.

If you do need more space and storage then maybe you should have hosted an Apache server or a windows IIS server (both free) on your own computer and then you can get all your resources to yourself. Then you would be able to see that what you are hosting is slowing down everybody's hosting accounts making them not able to appreciate this AMAZING FREE HOST.

Sorry if this is harsh but Thank You.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By robertzo
      If you are somebody that still insists on using WordPress and doesn't want to convert it into static, then this article is for you.
      I had noticed that my site loaded pretty slow and I just didn't know why. I also saw that a lot of people are suspended because of high CPU load. I did some digging around and found out some tips to reduce CPU load
      1. Avoid these plugins: 73 Slowest Plugins that Use Up CPU. These plugins are resource hungry and use up CPU very easily. Alternatives include Rank Math SEO for SEO, Gutenberg for Page Builders, WPForms for contact forms, Ithemes Security for Security, UpdraftPlus for Backups etc. The only exception for me is Elementor Page Builder since some features can't be found anywhere else. Another exception for people is Jetpack if YOU NEED ALL OF ITS FEATURES (since installing the plugins one by one uses more resources), otherwise it is a bloated plugin.
      2. Use Asset Cleanup to disable useless features and scripts. Some plugins like Elementor and Contact Form 7 put unnecessary scripts on your site. To get started first install the Asset Cleanup Plugin (I know it is another plugin but it is extremely lightweight and makes your site faster more than slower) and enable test mode in the settings. Now you an play around with the settings seeing if your WordPress site functions as before (don't worry since it is in test mode the changes are only shown to you).
      3. Use a CDN. CDN takes the strain off your servers and makes your website load faster for international users. I currently use 2 CDNs: Cloudflare and Amazon Cloudfront. Cloudflare is very easy and straight forward to configure. I also use Amazon Cloudfront for my images which is free up to 5K views per month. Go to optimole.com and create an account, copy your API key. Then go to your WordPress dashboard and install the Optimole Plugin and paste your API key. Optimole not only provides a CDN but also compresses your images by 90% without loosing the quality.
      4. Block Cloudflare bots if you use Cloudflare. Sometimes Cloudflare puts bots on your site (sometimes saying your site had 300000 visitors when you barely have 200) so you would need to block some of them using their firewall or your site would drastically slow down.
      Done. Now this is how fast my website loaded with these optimizations: 

P.S. My main website isn't hosted on Heliohost (I use Heliohost to host my other website) but another free host (3001.host). However my website used to load in 3.5 seconds and now is 774ms.

• By Condorcet
      I want to set up a little website on a reasonably reliable host -- that's free, due to my minimal income -- to implement a calculator that tallies voters' orders of preference using a state-of-the-art algorithm (much better than the Ranked Choice Voting algorithm).  The website won't store any data or transmit data to anyone (except it would of course send the results to the user who types or pastes in the votes).  The site would be just one file, a php5 script that's about 60 kBytes.  To use it, one member of the voting group pastes their orders of preference into the webpage's text field, and then clicks the "tally now" button... it would respond by tallying the results on the server side (using php code) and sending the results as a refreshed webpage.  The webpage is just text with some color-coding, so the bandwidth consumed would also be tiny.
      I'm hoping the partners at Heliohost have the will and a way to spare me from the monthly logins... they seem unnecessary due to the negligible storage and bandwidth that my site would consume, and my free time is very limited.
      This website would not be for my personal benefit or profit.  My goal is to teach the world about this voting system by letting people use it.  This kind of system would have many benefits if used by democracies: It would minimize spoiling (Ranked Choice Voting does NOT eliminate spoiling, contrary to what many of its proponents claim), eliminate the need for primary elections, create a much stronger incentive for politicians to adopt policies similar to the majority-preferred policies they believe the voters themselves would collectively choose (if voters were able to vote directly on issues), end political polarization, reliably defeat extremists, and stabilize policies.  In other words, the goal is to strengthen democracy and save the world.
      The reason that primitive voting methods (including Ranked Choice Voting) cause so many problems is that they count at most one majority.  But the fact is, there's more than one majority when there are more than two candidates, and all of the head-to-head majorities of the complete round robin tournament can be counted given the voters' orders of preference. (The most widely used, most frequently used voting method -- the Robert's Rules procedure for voting on motions -- pays attention only to head-to-head majorities, which are based on relative preferences.  But it's only halfway toward state-of-the-art because it works like a single-elimination tournament, not a round robin tournament.  In other words, the Robert's Rules procedure counts only some of the head-to-head majorities: when there are N alternatives, it counts N-1 majorities to eliminate N-1 alternatives.)  After counting all of the head-to-head majorities of the complete round robin, the best way to construct the order of finish is to process the majorities one at a time, from largest majority to smallest majority, placing each majority's more-preferred alternative ahead of their less-preferred alternative in the order of finish.  The largest-to-smallest processing order is in accord with the heuristic that underpins majority rule: "The larger the number of people who think x is better than y, the more likely it is that x is better than y, all else being equal."  I've attached a screenshot of part of the webpage (before the voters' orders of preference are typed in).  The text in the screenshot provides some additional information about the voting method.

• By novafox
      Dear sir/madam

I recently donated to Heliohost and got my Tommy invite. I'd like to add an ASP.NET website I built with Visual Studio to it but can't figure out how. The website stated that the Tommy account has ASP.NET support. Could someone help me out with setting my server up so I can get ASP support?

Kind regards,
      Robin (nickname: novafox)
    • By robertzo
      When I did a speed test with Gtmetix I found out that my website loaded in only 1.2 seconds with a TTFB of 963 milliseconds. That is really fast considering, 1 I did not optimize the speed of my website, 2 I used WordPress, three I have a ton of different posts, and 4 this is a FREE hosting. To compare that a website hosted on a good webserver in Hostinger (a paid shared hosting plan) with nothing on it had also had a loading speed of 1.2 seconds.

Thank You Heliohost for this High Quality Hosting.
    • By robertzo
      If you think that the cPanel email is slow. Then I recommend trying out Yandex. You first sign up and create an account and organization. Then you go to admin and add your domains (the first one is the main domain the others are aliases). After that you add their MX record, SPF, and DKIM records. Click add a person and fill in the mandatory info and write your email and passwords. 

Voila, you got yourself a fast and free domain email (that you can connect to Gmail or Microsoft 360).

P.S the limit is 1000 email accounts and 10 GB each.