[Solved] MySQL Server offline?

Posted (edited)

Hey everybody,

I'm quite new to this. I signed up yesterday to Johnny and started to send some data to a MySQL database. That worked quite good but since 3.5 hours the server seems not accessible and in the cpanel I get a message that the server is down.

The MySQL server is currently offline.

Error while connecting to MySQL: (XID 8f868x) The system failed to connect to the “MySQL” database “mysql” because of an error: CR_CONNECTION_ERROR (Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)) Error while connecting to MySQL: (XID 8f868x) The system failed to connect to the “MySQL” database “mysql” because of an error: CR_CONNECTION_ERROR (Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql/Basic.pm line 391, <STDIN> line 1.

Is there something wrong in my application posting the data or is the server really down?

I'm quite confused...

Thomas

Edited by zwerggwi
  • Like 1

Hello, I was trying to add a MySQL Database on Johnny, and when I click the MySQL Database button on cPanel, it shows the errors:

Error while connecting to MySQL: (XID 7etnka) The system failed to connect to the “MySQL” database “mysql” because of an error: CR_CONNECTION_ERROR (Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)) Error while connecting to MySQL: (XID 7etnka) The system failed to connect to the “MySQL” database “mysql” because of an error: CR_CONNECTION_ERROR (Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql/Basic.pm line 391, <STDIN> line 1.

Did anyone have this error too on Johnny?

Thanks in advance, Leo.

Pause for a while and try again, it could be high load. Meanwhile, someone already made a post about it. I guess it will be attend to with a immediate effect

Posted (edited)

Sorry to say, but no. Johnny's MySQL is offline again... (07:46 AM CET)

[Edit] Back online again. (8:31 AM CET)

Off again since 01:00 PM CET

Edited by zwerggwi

Error while connecting to MySQL: (XID xy4zpq) The system failed to connect to the “MySQL” database “mysql” because of an error: CR_CONNECTION_ERROR (Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)) Error while connecting to MySQL: (XID xy4zpq) The system failed to connect to the “MySQL” database “mysql” because of an error: CR_CONNECTION_ERROR (Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql/Basic.pm line 391, <STDIN> line 1.