[Solved] MySQL Server offline?

zwerggwi

The MySQL server is currently offline.

Error while connecting to MySQL: (XID 5u8buv) The system failed to connect to the “MySQL” database “mysql” because of an error: CR_CONNECTION_ERROR (Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)) Error while connecting to MySQL: (XID 5u8buv) The system failed to connect to the “MySQL” database “mysql” because of an error: CR_CONNECTION_ERROR (Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql/Basic.pm line 391, <STDIN> line 1.

Edited by leojiang

Thought it was up earlier, but this does in fact seem to be down again. Not sure what's going on, but it seems to be crashing a lot more than usual. It's been down for at least an hour at this point from what I can tell (I tried unarchiving accounts both before and after my dinner and both times they failed for mysql errors).

Escalating...

It's working again.

Innodb is getting corrupted. Yesterday I manually fixed a few problems, and I figured that would be the end of it, but it crashed again. Worst case scenario I may have to put mysql into innodb read-only mode, and dump all the innodb databases into .sql files in the user's home directory. Then once all the innodb databases are backed up, just drop them all, and restart innodb from scratch.

If anyone is still reading, or cares about my opinions, I really wish everyone would stop using innodb. On a stable server like Tommy it's fine, but on a high load experimental server like Johnny this kind of thing tends to happen. You could hit a myisam database with a truck and it would keep working, but innodb explodes if you even sneeze at it.

I'm reading and caring, but I don't understand ;-) What is Innodb, how can I stop using it and are there alternatives? I would like to send some few bytes to a MySQL database every 15 minutes. I use nodered for this task. Does nodered use innodb? At least I can stop my flows pushing the data to johnny...

The easiest way to find out what database engine you're using is to go to cPanel > Phpmyadmin > and then click a database. All the tables will load up and if you look at the type column it will show the engine. If you're using innodb and want to switch to myisam you can do so by running this query on each table.

ALTER TABLE myTable ENGINE = MyISAM;

We've lost innodb data in hard drive crashes and server crashes multiple times, but never lost a single byte of myisam data. Take backups too of course, but myisam is a lot more durable than innodb.

Hi Krydos,

thanks for explaining. I altered my tables to MyISAM. Then I restarted my application and now the server is off again. Slowly I am afraid that I am causing these crashes...

How can we figure it out? How can I improve my application? It works perfectly on a local mariaDB.