[Solved] Suspended: spandso

Your account was suspended because Wordpress is causing too much load. I have unsuspended your account, but please try to limit the load you put on our servers as it slows down not only your site, but the sites of all other HelioHost users sharing your server.<br /><br />This is really common for Wordpress. It can cause massive amounts of load even if you're hardly getting any traffic to your site. Wordpress is also incredibly insecure and very easy to hack. We see Wordpress accounts get hacked all the time and usually the hacker sets up a phishing site on your domain. We strongly recommend using any software other than Wordpress.<br /><br />Something that might help is this simply static Wordpress plugin. It will speed up your site, reduce the load you cause, and reduce your chance of getting hacked. If you try it let us know how it worked out for you.<br /><br />If you insist on using Wordpress you might want to consider purchasing a VPS instead. VPS hosting gives you an entire virtual server to yourself, including no load limits, a dedicated IP address, and full root access. Wordpress sites load relatively slowly on our shared hosting, but they will be much faster on a VPS.

wolstech: Thank you for unsuspending my account and your always prompt and kind support.

• I'm surprised that Wordpress puts so much load on the server. I am sure that there are other users using Wordpress, so is that load coming from my Wordpress only or is it the collective load from all Wordpress installations?
  • I will investigate for an alternative to Wordpress. Any good suggestions for something that supports e-commerce like WooCommerce on Wordpress? Can I use the simplystatic plugin with WooCommerce?
  • Also, if I purchase a VPS I won't have similar problems with Wordpress?

Krydos: WoW! 100% of CPU and peak at 80% of memory. Thank you for the visuals.

robertzo: Thank you for your kind suggestions. I will research them.

I'm surprised that Wordpress puts so much load on the server.

Wordpress is pretty much the most bloated, memory hungry, cpu using software you could possibly install. Only like Magento is worse.

I am sure that there are other users using Wordpress, so is that load coming from my Wordpress only or is it the collective load from all Wordpress installations?

That load is JUST your account. Yes, there are other Wordpress installs on Tommy, and yes they do constantly cause high load too and frequently get suspended as well.

Also, if I purchase a VPS I won't have similar problems with Wordpress?

The load is more or less unlimited with a vps, you're not allowed to mine crypto with one and we do monitor load, but only 1 vps that we've ever sold has ever been a problem. I discussed it with the owner and we worked out a way for him to throttle what he was doing, but to give you an idea his vps was causing more load than the entire Johnny server combined and Johnny has like 3400 accounts on it. That was a very extreme case. A small vps will handle your wordpress perfectly well without issues. They start at $4 per month, and I can help you transfer your site to one if you need.

Krydos: WoW! 100% of CPU and peak at 80% of memory. Thank you for the visuals.

No problem. You can find the 7 day graph in cpanel if you click the "Account Load" button to monitor it yourself to avoid getting suspended in the first place.