So Long and Thanks for all the Fish

HelioHost

12 minutes ago, lubdhak9 said:

What about Ajenti/Froxlor  and cent os web panel ? These are open source softwares . 

Maybe you can implement any of this !

3 hours ago, HelioHost said:

Our servers are all inexorably intertwined with cPanel/WHM and all the customizations and systems we've written over the years are worthless without cPanel.

I would also consider SPanel and aaPanel.

Since this is large community of happy users, I believe everyone would consider helping and contributing both with their knowledge and financially to "save" HelioHost and make it even better than it was before. 

Thanks guys for everything so far. I really hope that this is not the end.

8 hours ago, HelioHost said:

A few hours ago, with absolutely no prior warning, cPanel unexpectedly revoked all of our licenses, and are now trying to charge us over $17,000 per year to renew them. Obviously since we're a non-profit funded by donations we don't have anywhere near that money to pay their ransom. If you try to log in to cPanel it will give you errors and not let you log in. It looks like FTP is still working though so we strongly recommend you log in and recover your files that way while you still can. We've been a faithful cPanel license holder since 2005, and over the past 16 years we haven't had any issues with them at all until today. Our servers are all inexorably intertwined with cPanel/WHM and all the customizations and systems we've written over the years are worthless without cPanel. We're not entirely sure what we're going to do at this point.

I have an alternative for you guys: Plesk
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213373909-How-to-get-a-discount-for-Plesk-licenses-for-educational-or-non-profit-organizations
They offer discounted licenses, you just need to contact them.
Maybe Plesk is a good alternative

Hi everyone. Maybe the reason ot cPanel's action simply is, because in a world, where money is everything, people who believe in "free things for everyone" are what they don't want, what they hate, what they try to eliminate...

Not sure, what this now really means. My site is still accessible, with https (I guess that the cerificate will remain valid for some month and then https will be over, as the certificates are established by cPanel?). FTP access works fine, too, thus, it's not necessarily the end? Nor for HelioHost, nor for us? Even though, with only FTP (I suppose that it's also possible to access phpMyAdmin; please, can someone tell me how?), no more possibility for other configurations, it will be difficult. Please, can someone give me a clue, what I should do? Searching for another provider? Waiting, in the hope that they find a replacement for cPanel? It's really sad, how dreams, that were coming true, are distroyed, from one day to the other, without warning. Cruel world!

9 hours ago, allu62 said:

Hi everyone. Maybe the reason ot cPanel's action simply is, because in a world, where money is everything, people who believe in "free things for everyone" are what they don't want, what they hate, what they try to eliminate...

Not sure, what this now really means. My site is still accessible, with https (I guess that the cerificate will remain valid for some month and then https will be over, as the certificates are established by cPanel?). FTP access works fine, too, thus, it's not necessarily the end? Nor for HelioHost, nor for us? Even though, with only FTP (I suppose that it's also possible to access phpMyAdmin; please, can someone tell me how?), no more possibility for other configurations, it will be difficult. Please, can someone give me a clue, what I should do? Searching for another provider? Waiting, in the hope that they find a replacement for cPanel? It's really sad, how dreams, that were coming true, are distroyed, from one day to the other, without warning. Cruel world!

How are you connecting with FTP?

I keep getting can't connect to servier and I followed the instructions.

I am using filezilla and get this

image.png.d2f05b822ec6fd843309c078f0ff349b.png

Edited by Krydos
fixed quote

Concerning FTP access (from Windows):

I use WinSCP. Create site: host=tommy.heliohost.org; protocol=SFTP;port=1342;user=cPanel_user_name. Leave password blank, push Connect button and enter password when asked so. This works for me (hope for you, too); just retried 5mins ago...

9 hours ago, allu62 said:

Concerning FTP access (from Windows):

I use WinSCP. Create site: host=tommy.heliohost.org; protocol=SFTP;port=1342;user=cPanel_user_name. Leave password blank, push Connect button and enter password when asked so. This works for me (hope for you, too); just retried 5mins ago...

I downloaded WinSCP and same error as filezilla

host: tommy.heliohost.org

SFTP

PORT 1342

MY LOGIN INFO, JUST USING USER FIRST, DONT GET MESSAGE TO SUPPLY PASSWORD.

Get this window after the attemp to connect.

image.png.d4d8570566b9927f9b4ef91e2ea7e783.png

Edited by Krydos
fixed quote

Would a OpenSource solution Webmin or Zpanel could work with heliohost on the long run, if you need help to migrate system, I can join the admin team if necessary, Also as I am not anymore in California, I am operating in the CEST time zone, that might help to do work around the clock !

+Michel

• Thanks 1