So Long and Thanks for all the Fish

HelioHost

No. You can still back up and update with SFTP or WebDisk (WebDAV).
No. Aún puede realizar copias de seguridad y actualizar con SFTP o WebDisk (WebDAV).

Please note that the HelioNet forum is only supported in English.
Tenga en cuenta que el foro de HelioNet solo se admite en inglés.

https://wiki.helionet.org/accounts/international-countries

Hello, I have a question, can we no longer access the files of our website in cpanel from anywhere ?, So, our website will be left there without being able to remove it ?. I remain attentive to the answer.

All accounts will be deleted after they are backed up. So your website will be removed until we get Plesk installed and your website transferred to the new system.

• Like 1

One of the clauses in the contract I signed with Plesk stipulates that they have to give us 30 days prior written warning if they want to revoke our licenses. They seem really excited to supply the non-profit licenses for us though so that probably won't happen.

• Like 3

You are not the only facing this i remember and other hosts with paid subscriptions cPanel did them the same. Some change it with another. That was 3 years ago, another company added +0.40 $ for yearly plans... so 12 x 0.40.

What i try figure out is that the sites will be online but without access to any panel? If that is, then i can't complain from my site as is made  with some A.I code i wrote and take care it's self without need to go at any panel. Also if goes down i have the solution of a free 1 month without C.C. or D.C.banks, paypal. So i can easy transfer it there while you installing plesk.

20 minutes ago, ecitygr said:

What i try figure out is that the sites will be online but without access to any panel?

Your site will remain online without access to cPanel until we need to take that server down to rebuild it. So Tommy will be taken down soon, probably today or tomorrow. Once Tommy is done Ricky will be next, and after that Johnny. We've never installed Plesk before and a lot of our internal tools will need to be rewritten to work with Plesk so it may be a few weeks that your site is offline. We're hoping to have Tommy back online within a month.

9 minutes ago, Krydos said:

Your site will remain online without access to cPanel until we need to take that server down to rebuild it. So Tommy will be taken down soon, probably today or tomorrow. Once Tommy is done Ricky will be next, and after that Johnny. We've never installed Plesk before and a lot of our internal tools will need to be rewritten to work with Plesk so it may be a few weeks that your site is offline. We're hoping to have Tommy back online within a month.

Ok i got it. Thanks for your reply! 👍

Invision isn't really subject to the same sort of license. It doesn't stop working if you don't pay the subscription fee.

The ongoing subscription they provide is for access to updated versions and a few other services they provide such as anti-spam. We purchased our older 3.x forum years and years ago, and let the subscription lapse. We renewed it just recently when we decided to upgrade to 4.x.

Because none of them are even remotely feature complete, robust, or supported well enough to do what we need to do. Most of the open source products are more for people running a small server for themself and their friends, or for a single organization that needs to host a bunch of sites.

6 minutes ago, al3arbe1 said:

When will Tommy return to work?

Tommy is working right now. If you had an account on Tommy your website is still online. In order to install Plesk though we're going to have to wipe the server and reinstall the operating system. During that time Tommy accounts will be offline. We've never built a Plesk server before so it might take quite a while due to having to rewrite a lot of our internal tools as well. We're hoping we can have Tommy back online within a month.